If you must fly...

patti2297

If you must fly to get to the ship, do you let your TA book this as well or do you book your own airline ticket? When I get prices from online travel agents to me the airline fare seems a bit higher then if I go to the airline and price it myself.

The advantage to me to not book the airline tickets with the TA is obviously less money down for the cruise. However, by not booking the airline flight then obviously if the cost of the flight rises then you are stuck with the higher price.

Thoughts anyone?

We (virtually) always book on our own. Price aside, we usually determine the flights and land side separately from the cruise, and since we (almost) always go in a day or six early, it's easier to resolve the details ourselves.

Well, actually my wife usually does it, I just nod my head.

Depends..If it is a busy time of year we book through the cruiseline and then start shopping for air. You have until final paymnet to cancell your crusieline air. We have always found cheaper air but we do travel down a day earlier just in case of delays.

We have only found airfare through the cruise line to be less than booking our own one time out of nine. That was on Dawn Princess leaving from San Juan last year.

Normally we find fares significantly less than the price offered by the cruise lines.

Archived