Beach/Excursion Bag for Caribbean

Livabeth

Hi everyone,

We leave in about 3 1/2 months for our Caribbean cruise aboard the Princess Crown. I am trying to figure out what type of bag to purchase to use when we leave the ship for excursions and beach visits. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

I have a large mesh beach bag that I purchased from WalMart a few seasons ago. LOVE IT! It is easily packed b/c it compacts into almost nothing. And, the mesh of the bag ensures that all the sand falls out BEFORE we get back on the ship.

CeleBrat

The DH has a plastic, waterproof, box that he keeps our ship's card, our photo IDs, one credit card, and some cash in. Instead of wearing it around his neck (it gets in the way when he snorkels), he wears it around his waist. Depending on the type of excursion he will take a backpack for our snorkle gear, towels, suntan lotion, water bottles, etc. I always take a medium-sized straw bag. I keep a plastic ziplock bag with lip balm, lip gloss, a small mirror, comb/brush, mints, gum, tylenol, a few bandaids, a small tube of neosporen, and tums, inside the straw bag. I wear a hat and keep a pareo in my bag for when I com out of the water.I also take some small snacks (prewrapped cookies/crackers, nuts) and I'm good to go! The DH has all my ID, cash and credit card in his plastic box thingy.

Archived