Zip Lining and Snorkeling

CM2J2R2S

We are taking our six kids, grandma and our friends and their two kids on a cruise this fall. We are heading to Belize, Cozumel, Roatan, Freeport. I am wondering where people think the best zip lining would be in any of these ports. Also, I have read that snorkeling is the best in Belize, Cozumel and Roatan. Someone must have been to all of these ports and can give us a good commentary. We would really appreciate that.

The kids we are traveling with are 20, 18, 15, 15, 13, 13, 10 and 8.

Melissa

I have been to three of the ports you mention many times. I would take a zip line in Belize personally. A pax fell to her death in Roatan so I would be a little wary of their zip lines. Coz does not have zip lines since it is basically a flat island and not all that large. My advice is to do the zip lines at Belize.

The best snorkeling (and diving) is in Coz. It is close to where the ships tie up and quite reasonable. The coral is really great with a lot of reef fish. The visibility is the best in the Caribbean. Belize is good but a distance from where the ships anchor (use a tender to get to shore). Roatan is good but not as high visibility as Coz and the reefs are not as pretty. My advice is to snorkel at Coz.

I have never been to Freeport but have been to Bimini and other Bahama islands.

Archived