Dolphin Excursion

Would like pro and con of the Dolphin Excursions offered by RCCL in Cozumel, Mexico. I am on the Liberty of the Seas July 26th cruise and there are three different ones offered by the cruise line. Feed back appreciated. :)

It's not a bad excursion at all. But it is pricey. They cover cab to and from Dolphinaris, which is where the encounter is setup. The site has lockers to rent (expect to use them) and a place to watch other people while you are waiting for your group's turn.

They have several dolphins at the site so the wait is not normally to bad. The do allow you to take your own pictures, but they also do some filming of your encounter that's available in the gift shop. No surprise there.

I've a few pictures posted on my flickr page if you want to see a little bit of the location.

Only real con is that it is going to set you back a fat chunk of change for two people.

Have fun!! :D

Thank you for sharing your photos, I did take a look. RCCL has three different excursions. I am thinking of the one which takes you for a ride as well as a kiss and touching the dolphin. Thank you again for sharing. :)

Thank you for sharing your photos, I did take a look. RCCL has three different excursions. I am thinking of the one which takes you for a ride as well as a kiss and touching the dolphin. Thank you again for sharing. :)

DW and I did that Dophin Swim in 2007 and we loved it. Yes it was pricey but we both wanted to do it so the cost became somewhat unimportant. I would recommend. Also if you do it take an underwater disposible camera. I took a number of pictures. The do want to sell you the photo's of course which we didn't buy. We opted to get the video which was $35.00 at the time. We still watch it now and then :)

Warren and Yvonne

Would like pro and con of the Dolphin Excursions offered by RCCL in Cozumel, Mexico. I am on the Liberty of the Seas July 26th cruise and there are three different ones offered by the cruise line. Feed back appreciated. :)

There's a new company in Cozumel doing dolphins... The "dolphin trainer" package looks pretty good. It's 3 1/2 hours and gives you over an hour in the water with the dolphins.

Dolphin Discovery is good too but book the Royal Swim directly with the park-it's not offered by the cruise lines.

We really love hanging out with the dolphins. Regardless of your budget or which package you choose you're sure to have a great time.

Scan10003.JPG

We just got back yesterday and the dolphin swim was the highlight of our trip. :D I booked on-line with http://www.***** The link gives the description and pricesfor each of the activities. We were a party of 4 and had signed up for 1 royal dolphin swim and 3 dolphin swim adventures. Because there were 4 of us, the taxi ride to and from the park was comped. Chankanaab park has a pool, beaches, several bars, and eating areas. We arrived early and had a couple hours to hang out and enjoy the facilities before our swim. We'd do it again in a heartbeat!!

Katink

Not sure about Mexico dolphin swim but we did the swim in Jamica and it had to be our all time favorite excursion! well worth the price. Everyone should do this excursion once somewhere!

We did the dolphin swim in Cozumel. The park was absolutely beautiful. The drive was nice and we all fit nicely in a van. Our kids loved the pool and adored the dolphins.

It's a memory that we will all have for a long time.

We passed on it on our first cruise and regretted it.

DO IT!

We, too, did the dolphin experience at Chankanaab. We booked independently through the operator--it was in 2003 so I can't remember, but the Dolphin Discovery website seems familiar. We took a cab from the ship's drop-off point in Cozumel after wandering around the shops for a bit and showed up to the park VERY early (we were a little excited!). The nature walks there are beautiful and we saw lots of wild iguanas running around, got to see a little bird show with some macaws, and finally got to the dolphins.

It was so amazing that I can't even describe it. If you have the opportunity and the ability to do it, please do it. You'll never forget it. My husband and I were so moved that we were literally speechless for a little while afterwards.

susdolphin1.jpg

Well I booked the dolphin excursion! It is through the ship rather then direct but only because I am solo on this. I was not comfortable traveling there on my own by taxi.

Thank you all for your comments. I am so looking forward to this excursion! :D

Archived