Security Threat

llanning

The Imagination and the Triumph will be late leaving Miami today. Disembarkation was halted and embarkation was delayed due to a security threat (bomb threat) in the terminal. The terminal was evacuated. Those passengers still on the ships remained on the ships until the terminal was cleared. How many people will be complaining and wanting Carnival to compensate them for missing their flight?

My wife ,myself and about 12 friends were on the triumph, today.

They started letting us go about 1 to 1:15 p.m. the port was lockedup with only a few taxis. we got to our flight with 6 minutes to spare. which was at 2:45 P.M.

We seat on the lido deck all morning- they even opened the pizza and hamburger stations back up. great fun- right. Customs shut things down about 8:30 am - i think. but another group of friend got out first and were leaving the area when the fire trucks started coming in.

Good Night

it has been a long day

Mjpfm2

How many people will be complaining and wanting Carnival to compensate them for missing their flight?
Thanks for keeping us posted llanning. I never saw anything in the newspaper or on TV. Would have never known.

As for compensation, I'm sure there will be a few! You just never know when INS will hold you up, because someone doesn't report to them or some person decides they can get away with out paying their sail and sign bill! That irritates me more than anything. I think they should flash their picture somewhere so the other passengers can help find them!

It actually turned out to be some type of confrontation between two passengers on the Triumph and one made a threat. Screening showed some unidentifiable object in one of their suitcases. The terminal was shut down until the suitcase was examined and determined to be safe. The Triumph didn't leave until around 6 pm Miami time. Fortunately, there is no problem with it getting to Cozemel on time.

Now, that would be my luck! I can see them acting like 7 year olds....And then one screaming, "Well I'm gonna blow you up". And I've seen the scanners work, its not that easy to tell what something is. We always take a flashlight, I can imagine what it looks like at a glance. Its better to be safe than sorry. It takes all kinds and unfortunately its getting worse. The lack of manners is astounding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was one of the passengers standing waiting to get on the Triumph on the 16th. My son was to get married at 1 on board. we were told to be at the port at 10:45. We were the last people to get through to the port before it was closed. When we finally got on the lady giving us the card keys told us that a passenger had received a note under his door that morning and that the bomb was supposed to be in the luggage. We heard the bomb being detonated or whatever the bomb squad does to them. She said the bomb was actually in a package placed outside the night before and sent into the terminal. She was an employeee and seemed to know what she was talking about. Deb

I too was curious about what was happening at the port of miami on the 16th. We were leaving on RCCL Navigator of the Seas, and heard there was a security situation involving one of the Carnival ships in port. The crew of our ship had their cabins searched.

When we sailed away at 6:00 the Triumph was EMPTY we only saw crew walking around the decks.

When we boarded there was no problems, and we breezed though security.

Glad to hear this was just a prank, and hopefully everyone had a good vacation afterwards.

Archived