What is the Best Cruise Line for Teens?

sebasco

We are looking for a late March cruise and taking our only child/daughter age 16, to the Caribbean? That is Spring break time so I want to know which cruise line has the bigest teen club with the most activities. We are leaning towards Princess, RoyalCL, abd NorwegianCL. Any opinions or other ideas/cruise lines not mentioned that you think would be better would be appreciated!

Thank you

Beth

Go to the top of the message boards here at Cruise Critic and click on "Interests." A new screen will pop up and when you see "Family" listed, click on that. When the new screen pops up from that, there are two really interesting things to click on. The first one says "Top ships for teens" and the second one says "Cruising with teens." Both are very informative and should answer all of your questions better than any of us can. I have read every topic under "family" and have learned so much from it, especially since I cruise with both of my children. I would highly recommend Cruise Critic's choices and recommendations for teens.:D

We were on the Golden Princess in August, and my 15 year old had a blast. She met some great kids, mostly from Great Britain. They tended to meet by the "Teen Club" and go from there. Princess has 24 hour, fresh water pools, and the Golden had one pool and hot tub for them away from the other pools. I also like that they stick to the 21 drinking age. My daughter doesn't drink, but I didn't have to worry about drunk kids running up and down the halls (had a bad experience once on a "Party Cruise").

Whatever you decide to pick your teens will have a great time. The ships will have a meeting the first night. (its very importatnt they go to this meeting)

Most ships have planned activities for the kids that age but most kids dont participate. (I would go with price)

Royal has a curfew where kids under 18 have to be with an adult in any public areas after a certain time.

Both Carnival and Royal have the Disco with kids but under 16 have to clear out by a certain time. (conquest has their own teen disco)

Cabins on NCl are small. Carnival has bigger cabins.

I'm 15 years and I have been on alot of cruises. I prefer royal myself because they have seperate groups for teens between 15 and 17 which means we still ahve structure, but yet we don't have structure. And there are no little kids running aroun with you. I made alot of friends really easily and the counselors are always really nice. I think royal is the best. Also make sure wahtever cruise line you choose your daughter goes to the meeting the very first night.

Archived