Wine on Board

Can you bring wine on board when you check-in? I have never seen this B4 but on our Celebrity cruise passengers were allowed to bring two bottles per person "to be enjoyed in the room". Is this true for RCCL?

Thanks for your help!

My experiance with RCCL is no you may not bring liquor or beer or wine on board to consume in your stateroom. As I recall, even in the liquor store onboard they will hold it until the end of the cruise....if memory serves me correctly.

just got off Adventure-they confiscate liquor and wine until the last day-we were in St. Thomas, and then they give it back on the last day. If you buy the wine and dine package and do not finish a bottle at dinner you can take that back to the room. On that last day-you could bring it onboard without trouble.

Thanks for your answers. We've sailed RCCL before and I knew that in the past we were not allowed the wine but, like I said, Celebrity allowed it when we sailed in March so I didn't know if it might be a new policy.

Also, I've found that they scrutinize the luggage a lot more closely in your carry-on then in your checked luggage. NOT THAT WE WOULD EVER TRY TO SNEAK LIQUOR ON BOARD. Interestingly enough, Celebrity confiscated the liquor from passengers but not the wine..go figure.

Archived