Christmas Oceana 2009

notts cruiser

Just had a letter saying P and O are cancelling the 25th December 2009 cruise on Oceana and making it a 29 night cruise only sailing the 11th .We are really disapointed as the whole family were travelling grandparents on the 29 night and another 12 of us on the 2 week anyone else affected

Just had a letter saying P and O are cancelling the 25th December 2009 cruise on Oceana and making it a 29 night cruise only sailing the 11th .We are really disapointed as the whole family were travelling grandparents on the 29 night and another 12 of us on the 2 week anyone else affected

Have a look on the CC board, lots of posts and advice on this subject.

Gerry

Hello Notts Cruiser. Yes, this decision by P & O to cancel the 14 day cruises over the Xmas holiday and New Year holiday and make it a 28 day cruise has caused a lot of problems for a lot of people. Seems they can fill the ship over the 28 day period with people who want to do the whole trip so now you and your family are dumped. If this cruise had been advertised at the beginning as a 28 day cruise, there would have been no problem,but, P & O being P & O seems to have played it both ways and taken bookings from people like yourself who can only do the 14 days. Now they dump you.

The sites discussing it which I have been following are

www.crowsnestforum.co.uk and P & O's website, you can enter as a guest to read,

www.pocruises.com/ The forum is under community on the top bar.

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There , well here i am, yet another reject that P&O didnt want on thier Xmas Oceana 2009 cruise. Have you had any replys from p&o as to "why" this decision was taken , iv only just finished writting my letter to

Mr Esdale.

Still can`t belive they have done this,we have not even recived our deposit back yet.

Mandy

They where not interested in helping us in any way they said if we wanted to book any other cruise we would have to pay the new price which for us 4 would have been £3000 more for similar cruise .We have got our deposits back our ta was very good as soon as they got letter from P and O saying they would be returning them they paid them back into our account the same day . We still havent received anything from Pand O to let us know why they have cancelled the cruise only a letter from our agent.

They where not interested in helping us in any way they said if we wanted to book any other cruise we would have to pay the new price which for us 4 would have been £3000 more for similar cruise .We have got our deposits back our ta was very good as soon as they got letter from P and O saying they would be returning them they paid them back into our account the same day . We still havent received anything from Pand O to let us know why they have cancelled the cruise only a letter from our agent.

Hi Notts cruiser

P & O have said the reason they have cancelled the 2 individual cruises (E931 & E932) was beacuse they didnt have enough passengers to make it viable to charter the necessary planes, in other words they probably would have lost money on the flights sections of the cruise...

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

I think P&O was trying to get the best of both by offering the 29 night cruise and then the two separate cruises as well.

But in reality, once the cruise was available to book, there were more people interested in the 29 night cruise than the separate two week cruises. Personally I think a main reason for the possibile slow take up on the separate two weeks cruises, was the fact that people would have been flying to the ship or leaving the ship on 25th December which maybe lost a lot of families or couples not wanted to spent Xmas travelling. I know I would not want to!

Andrew :confused:

I think P & O were just trying to keep their options open with this cruise. As the normal turn round day for Oceana's Caribbean programme fell on Christmas day they had already changed the departure/arrival point from Barbados to Florida. The Bajan people tend to be quite religious and I don't suppose many would have been interested in working on Christmas Day. A turn round day involves a lot of local staff usually supplied by agencies, airport meeters and greeters, coach drivers, baggage handlers, check in staff at the port to name a few, and even if the Americans could be tempted to work on Christmas Day I think P & O would find the over time rates rather high.

I really don't think P & O thought this one through properly and I feel very sorry for those who have had their two week cruises cancelled. Especially as they have received no special deals when re-booking, the prices are now higher, I believe the original OBC offer was not transferred to any new booking and there are also fuel surcharges. If it was me I would not be booking P & O again.

Archived