Balcony cabins front of ship?

daughterofsarah77

Are these bad locations? Baja level, I think B201,B205 is what I am thinking of...

We are looking to book a cruise in January on the Crown Princess, and these are the only balconies (besides a guarantee) left for booking. Any comments on the ride (this will be our first cruise!) or the balconies themselves?

Thanks a lot!

i'm anxious to hear what others think

we've booked B205 on the IP (Panama)... because it's not a mega-ship, we're not concerned about the distance from front to rear...

we needed adjoining mini-suites, and this was available... it's not covered, but there are no cabins above looking down

this web-page was very helpful

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id6.html

Mike

I am booked in C101 on the Emerald Princess, so I would also be interested in what others say. The motion of the boat is not an issue with us. And the further we are from the dining room the more calories I'll burn getting there:D I was pretty far forward on the Lido Deck on the Star, and it was very conveniant to the pizza bar and the pool.

we've booked B205 on the IP (Panama)... because it's not a mega-ship, we're not concerned about the distance from front to rear...

we needed adjoining mini-suites, and this was available... it's not covered, but there are no cabins above looking down

Mike

That is a pretty cool web page, I am wondering if there is something similar for the other Princess Ships.

Mike

That site was only for the coral/Island group. it was designed by a fellow CC'er and it has been referred to many times. As far as i know there is no other site like that for the other ships in the fleet. It is a lot of hard work.

marilyn

:)

We sailed on the Royal from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale in cabin 6001 and really enjoyed it, as you had a 180 degree view from the balcony when coming into and leaving a port. At sea there is wind if you stand but if you are seated you don't notice it as much. The only noise you get is when they raise and lower the anchor.

I guess I should specify...these cabins are still side-facing balconies located forward on the ship...not the ones that are off the front end though : ) Thanks!

As far as motion sickness...are these likely to be worse?

You will feel more movement there after all it Baja deck (deck 10) that far forward.

I like a little more movement anyway. :)

I have stayed in C102 (Caribe Deck) it is the very first balcony....we loved it and would stay again. I know everyone says that there is more movement, I have also stayed on the Aloha Deck in a balcony and although the location is better, (meaning you don't have to walk from one end of the ship to the other if you want to go to Club Fusion. They are equally as great. I say go for it! Oh by the way I was on the Caribbean Princess both times.

I have stayed in C102 (Caribe Deck) it is the very first balcony....we loved it and would stay again. I know everyone says that there is more movement, I have also stayed on the Aloha Deck in a balcony and although the location is better, (meaning you don't have to walk from one end of the ship to the other if you want to go to Club Fusion. They are equally as great. I say go for it! Oh by the way I was on the Caribbean Princess both times.

Thanks for posting, I will be in C101. Did you notice any obstruction in front of the balcony, from the deck plan it looks like part of the balcony is behind some kind of barrier.

I was on port side...and I believe with your odd number you will be on starboard side. So standing on my balcony when I looked out to the right of me was a large balcony that went around to the front of the ship but it must have been for crew only b/c there was no way to get to it from the hallway. There were no obstructions and it was a wonderful cabin and location, like I said the only down fall is you have to walk from one end of the ship to the other if you want to go to say Club Fusion. But it is good to exercise a little since you will be a eating more than usual:D

Are these bad locations? Baja level, I think B201,B205 is what I am thinking of...!

I have stayed in A205 twice.

Even though the 205 cabins are way forward, we found it quite nice.

No rumbling of the engines. Less motion.

The only draw back was walking to the rear of the ship to dine.

But, it wasn't that bad at all. Good way to get exercise....;)

Enjoy your cruise.

We have L242 and L246, on Crown, anyone stayed in those cabins? I like high up and big waves, ride em cowboy!:D

Take some ginger snaps along, really good for motion sickness.

My wife and I stayed in L-250 on the CB twice and loved it but you do get a lot of movement as you are very high up but the view is wonderful.

Archived