Spending money

stecee

Hello, first time poster on this forum.

My wife and I are going on our first cruise next Feb. With us will be our 17 y.o. son and his 18y.o. friend. We are cruising with Ocean Village around the Caribbean and have 2 cabins booked. We know no cash is used on board and that you open an account for your cabin with your credit card. We are paying for our son but not his friend. If they are sharing a cabin, is there anyway we can set up different accounts for the same cabin so we can keep their bills separate. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes, the each member in your party can have their own account, hooked up to separate credit cards, if desired. Three on one credit card, and one on another is no problem. You can arrange this when you check in at embarkation, or if your cruiseline requires that you register online, you can set up the separate accounts then.

Hi... The only way that I know to do that would be for the friend to have his own credit card, so that when ya'll check in he would give them his credit card and that would be his number on the set/sail pass. If he were to purchase something while onboard the ship he would have to give them his set/sail pass card that everyone gets and they would charge it on the credit card that was given when ya'll checked in at the cruise terminal. Everything is put on that set/sail card so he would have to use it to purchase anything on the ship. If ya'll book excursions while on the ship then make sure he books his with his set/sail card and not yours. The night before you get off the ship ya'll will have statements telling you how much your bill is. He would have a separate one because his would be different than your credit card. If I would be you I would go that same night to try and pay it because it is crazy in the morning with everyone in line trying to pay their bill. You don't have to pay it if everything seems right on your bill and you want to just leave it on your credit card. I hope I have helped you.

Welcome to cruisecritic.

I do not know how Ocean Village handles this, but all the lines I've sailed with can split the room account by passenger number/name. That said, it seems there are often billing problems doing this as on the last night of the cruise, the line at the purser's station is usually made up largely of people who have done this.

Paul

Archived