Comfort suites thru priceline

snausman

OK I need some help from everyone. I have booked the Comfort Suites several times but I have never booked thru priceline. There will be 4 adults so I put that in to piceline and a very good price comes up at $125.00. This price is much better than CS website. The only thing is it does not say it is for 4 adults. It only shows 2 adults. So if I take this price will we be able to still get the 4 wrist bands. I know you can have up to 4 adults in a room just not sure about priceline. I really hope I just explain this right if not just tell me.

Help.....

Laura

OK I need some help from everyone. I have booked the Comfort Suites several times but I have never booked thru priceline. There will be 4 adults so I put that in to piceline and a very good price comes up at $125.00. This price is much better than CS website. The only thing is it does not say it is for 4 adults. It only shows 2 adults. So if I take this price will we be able to still get the 4 wrist bands. I know you can have up to 4 adults in a room just not sure about priceline. I really hope I just explain this right if not just tell me.

Help.....

Laura

You may want to check some of the other discounts (AAA or LPGA - see my post in another thread). I tried Priceline for my date (8/29) and it was about $30 more than with the LPGA discount.

You may want to check some of the other discounts (AAA or LPGA - see my post in another thread). I tried Priceline for my date (8/29) and it was about $30 more than with the LPGA discount.

Thank you I will check that out this morning.

Laura

Thank you for the info but this rate is no where as good as the price line rate.

So has anyone used priceline for this hotel with 4 adults????

Laura

Help.....

Laura

I haven't used priceline myself, but I have friends who have.. You're receipt will show 2 adults. That's what you are paying for (a basic room is how they are sold).

Once you get to the hotel, you will need to add the add'l 2 adults (I think it's $40pp) plus all the gratuities, surcharges and room taxes that go along with it.

You're rate may include the 12% tax on the room for 2 ppl, but it usually does not include the other surcharges.

Taken from CS website:

Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Children under 12 stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 16 or older charged as adults, an additional 40.00 plus taxes and service charges per night. Energy Surcharge: 8.00 per night (all persons 16 yrs and older) and housekeeping gratuity 4.00 per night (all persons 12 years and older) are additional charges that are not included in the estimated total and must be paid directed to the hotel. Five rooms or more is considered a group - please contact our Stateside Sales Office at 1-800-417-6738 Ext 24 100 percent smoke free hotel as of Sept. 1, 2007

Out of curiosity, what is the date you are booking?

Ed

I was booking for Sept. 16. On priceline it shows for 125.00 per night and on Comfort Suites it is 189.00. I went with the 189.00 as that shows for 4 adults which I have. But if you are only 2 adults that is a great rate. Hope it helps you.

Laura

I haven't used priceline myself, but I have friends who have.. You're receipt will show 2 adults. That's what you are paying for (a basic room is how they are sold).

Once you get to the hotel, you will need to add the add'l 2 adults (I think it's $40pp) plus all the gratuities, surcharges and room taxes that go along with it.

You're rate may include the 12% tax on the room for 2 ppl, but it usually does not include the other surcharges.

Taken from CS website:

Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Children under 12 stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 16 or older charged as adults, an additional 40.00 plus taxes and service charges per night. Energy Surcharge: 8.00 per night (all persons 16 yrs and older) and housekeeping gratuity 4.00 per night (all persons 12 years and older) are additional charges that are not included in the estimated total and must be paid directed to the hotel. Five rooms or more is considered a group - please contact our Stateside Sales Office at 1-800-417-6738 Ext 24 100 percent smoke free hotel as of Sept. 1, 2007

Thank you scubagirl that is why I went ahead and just booked it thru the hotel.

And thank you for all the wonderful info you always give out.

Laura

I was booking for Sept. 16. On priceline it shows for 125.00 per night and on Comfort Suites it is 189.00. I went with the 189.00 as that shows for 4 adults which I have. But if you are only 2 adults that is a great rate. Hope it helps you.

Laura

Just checked the LPGA rate for that date w/ 4 adults, and it is $208.60 ($186.25 room + 22.25 tax). I couldn't find the $189.00 (before tax I assume) rate on the Comfort Suites site.

For those with 2 adults and 2 kids under 16, the room is a great deal that day at $106.25 (before tax).

In any event, don't forget the energy and housekeeping surcharges that are due when you arrive ($48 for 4 adults).

We are they are 8/29 - will post a review when we return.

Just checked the LPGA rate for that date w/ 4 adults, and it is $208.60 ($186.25 room + 22.25 tax). I couldn't find the $189.00 (before tax I assume) rate on the Comfort Suites site.

For those with 2 adults and 2 kids under 16, the room is a great deal that day at $106.25 (before tax).

In any event, don't forget the energy and housekeeping surcharges that are due when you arrive ($48 for 4 adults).

We are they are 8/29 - will post a review when we return.

Yes, that is before taxes.

Will be looking forward to your review.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

As far as Priceline is concerned, they can only guarantee you a room that fits 2 people...if the hotel only has rooms that accomodate 2 people with one bed, you might get stuck. Along that principal, I would guess that you would only therefore get 2 wristbands. The hotel does not have to honor the same price on a second room, BTW, if you need it and you may end up paying rack rates.

The above has happened to me when I have used Priceline. I got extended stay type accomodations that could not accomodate my husband, myself and my young daughter with two beds without charging us a ridiculous amount more a day. It is clearly stated in Priceline's rules that you are paying for a room for 2 and are not guaranteed bedding types.

I thought you never knew what hotel you were getting when you booked through priceline? It's been a LONG time since I used them, have things changed?

Tammy

There is a site called betterbidding.com that helps you figure out which hotels you will probably get...others that use Priceline post thier results and assigned hotels...that is how others going into the bidding scenario do so with a little more information...I love priceline and we use it all the time. We learned our lesson and since we travel to Miami all the time and know we will get an extended stay type hotel if we bid 2.5 stars, we up our bid to 3 or 3.5 and get a hotel that will notopcharge us extra for another bed when we travel with our daughter.

Archived