Tahiti Nui Travel

gemini_0923

Has anyone used Tahiti Nui Travel and are they ok? I am looking at their Moorea Day Trip with pickup on Papeete - the Circle Island Tour.

I checked Carl and he is unavialble.

We still talk about our flight over there on Tahiti Nui! I don't know about their package deals, but their airline is out of this world. We flew over in Business Class on a big new Airbus and it was by far the nicest flight I have ever been on. The food, the service, the attention to detail...all very very nice. If their day trips are run that well you'll be happy!

I don't think Tahiti Nui Travel is affiliated with Tahiti Nui Airlines.

"Tahiti Nui" simply means something like, "big Tahiti", as opposed to "little Tahiti" (Iti.)

My only contact with Tahiti Nui Travel has been through their being the ground operator for the Paul Gauguin (at least in the past.) They have been adequate, not stellar in this regard. Haven't taken any private tours with them, or semi-private. That being said, I'd be interested to hear what they offer, since I'm musing about a day-trip to Moorea in December before our cruise.

I don't think Tahiti Nui Travel is affiliated with Tahiti Nui Airlines.

"Tahiti Nui" simply means something like, "big Tahiti", as opposed to "little Tahiti" (Iti.)

My only contact with Tahiti Nui Travel has been through their being the ground operator for the Paul Gauguin (at least in the past.) They have been adequate, not stellar in this regard. Haven't taken any private tours with them, or semi-private. That being said, I'd be interested to hear what they offer, since I'm musing about a day-trip to Moorea in December before our cruise.

Hi Wendy,

We always sail with Regent, and our trip to Tahiti a few years ago was on the Paul Gauguin. I understand you sailed on this ship, too.

Did you come away from that trip thinking you were now totally spoiled for any other cruise in the future? I know we did! I still don't think anything else compares. The Regent Voyager in the Mediterranean was also very nice...but the Paul Gauguin has that extra 'something'. If I think of an ideal cruise it always comes to mind.

Hi,

Yes, we were totally spoiled by the Paul Gauguin. Our first and second cruises were on her. Then we branched out to other Regent ships, did one on the Diamond, then the PG again, then Voyager, then Navigator, then Voyager again. Now we have another PG coming up.

Voyager is my favourite ship. But FP is my favourite destination, and there is something very special about that little ship. Especially the staff--the service is so friendly, and the whole ambience is so intimate and casual. Nothing else like it, but no, it's not spoiled us for other cruises, just for other lines (so far--we're about to book another Voyager trip for another 18 months from now.

• 2 weeks later...

Tahiti Nui Travel is the largest travel company in French Polynesia and many packages that you book to Tahiti seem to use them as their "people on the ground". We were there for a land tour a few months ago and Tahiti Nui Travel had been contracted by out travel agent. We had no problems with them.

They (Tahiti Nui Travel) seem to have some good packages online. I was going to book my hotel with them until after several emails Intercontinental came through with what I was asking for once it dawned on them I was an Ambassador member. I would have no problem booking with Tahiti Nui Travel as they are one of the biggest bookers in Tahiti.

Pat

Has anyone used Tahiti Nui Travel and are they ok? I am looking at their Moorea Day Trip with pickup on Papeete - the Circle Island Tour.

I checked Carl and he is unavialble.

I think that would be very easy to do on your own without having to pay a premium through ATN Travel.

Archived