Venice-where does RC ships dock?

I may be interested in going on a Royal Caribbean cruise where the ship stays in Venice for 2 days. I have been to Venice twice where we boarded the ship in Venice but we had to take another "shuttle" boat to the ship. Though we did this twice one time the "shuttle" boat (Carnival's shuttle) was very far from St Mark's Square. The other time on Holland America the "shuttle" boat (Holland America's) dropped you off about a 3 minute walk from St Mark's Square.

Can anyone advise me? I do not want to go to Venice via cruise ship and have to spend lots of money going from point a to point b.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think you will know until you get there. We sailed on RCL's Vision of the Seas on a cruise out of Venice to the Greek Isles two years ago. We spent two nights pre-cruise and one night post cruise in Venice and happened to see the Radiance was docked near the garden area within walking distance of St. Mark's Square while we were there for our last night. Our ship left from the main terminal that required a taxi to get to and from P. Roma.

My parents did the Radiance the following year on the Western Med. tour and they were docked in the main port area like we were where you have to use a shuttle/taxi to P. Roma. Once there you can take the Vaporetto or walk anywhere you want to go.

I am sure it just depends on the number of ships in port and the timing of when they arrive. There were LOTS of ships in port during our last day in Venice.

It was wonderful though - either way you won't be dissapointed. :)

Archived