Spirit & Mechanical Problems

AuntieBarb

Just a question for preemptive planning: When does the Spirit go to dry dock?

I see there's been schedule changes on the 7/20 cruise and can't help but wonder what shape she'll be in for our Sept. booking.

I don't know what the mechanical problems are, but when they start changing the itineraries I've got to wonder.

From the 7/20 roll call:

Just got the E-mail that our itinerary is being changed for the second time since we booked this cruise. We will not be stopping at the Grand Bahama Island and are staying overnight in Nassau because of Mechanical problems. What are your thoughts about this situation? An OBC will be given to each cabin for $50.00.

I see there's been schedule changes on the 7/20 cruise and can't help but wonder what shape she'll be in for our Sept. booking.

AuntieBarb

If I'm not mistaking I thought I read a thread recently that they were skipping Freeport on this last weeks cruise for repairs in Nassua. They were going to overnite there and repair a Propellar. I think it was the Spirit if she's doing Fla and Bahamas? Not 100% sure:confused:

Auntie heres the thread

Just got a call from our TA and she informed us that the Spirit is having propulsion problems and will have unscheduled maintenance in Nassau. We will not be stopping in Freeport but staying overnight in Nassau and leaving at 11am on Thursday to head back to NYC. Because of this situation NCL will be giving us a $50 onboard credit. Our TA said we could also cancel if we wanted by Thursday.

Sorry for the bad news.

Thanks. That's the roll call post(s) that I was referring to above (& quoted).

The propulsion/propeller comments have been ongoing though, which is why it's bothering me. How are they going to replace a propeller docked in Nassau? I thought that could only be done in dry dock?

Electricron, where are you? Settle my weary mind!

Archived