Johnny Rockets Surcharge goes FLEET WIDE

RDeagazio

FYI-- RCI will be adding the $3.95 surcharge to all vessels based on the following schedule:

Mariner and Navigator will begin charging the $3.95 surcharge immediately.

Explorer of the Seas to begin surcharge on 10/17

Adventure of the Seas to begin surcharge on 10/24

Voyager of the Seas to begin surcharge on 11/6

This surcharge will also apply to Enchantment and other vessels scheduled to receive Johnny Rockets in the future.

I suspect that the surcharge is per visit. I believe the fee is charged regardless of what is consumed, and indeed I would expect it to be charged even for folks who don't eat or drink anything.

It seems similar to the $5 service fee Walt Disney World charges at its character breakfasts, for patrons who do no order breakfast. Of course, in that case, if you do order breakfast, you pay for the breakfast (unlike aboard ship), but it isn't hard to detect the $5 service fee embedded in every menu price, by comparing the prices to those at non-character breakfast eateries nearby.

• 1 month later...

i can see it now...one person sitting at poolside will be taking orders for the whole gang and walking into jr's and ordering 15 burgers with fries and onion rings and no drink...we'll wash it down with our bucket of beers...cost 3.95...

A question on this - if you are a C&A member (signed up last cruise) do you get the free adminssion JR coupon at the pier?

Thanks,

Brian

The JR coupon will be in the C&A coupon pack that the steward will put in your room. If you haven't seen one of those before, it has about 20 pages of minor discounts, 2 for ones, freebies etc.

The $3.95 charge is per person per visit. It only applies to food items. Shakes and Floats are an additional $2-4. There are other add-ons too! I had a great lunch there for $11 for 2 people. Great service! Worth the extra few bucks!

This surcharge is exasperating!!! We were just on the Explorer and did visit JR's with our coupons. It was early afternoon and we were the only ones there (on a ship with 3200+ passengers). Supposedly the reasoning for this charge was to keep the lines down (I believe they succeeded!!!!). The food was good and we had good service since there was no crowd. The servers said the number of diners had dropped significantly since the charge was imposed. My wife thought their milkshakes were great, but we didn't return since a visit for one milkshake would have cost an exhorbitant $7.55 (3.95 +3.60)!!!!!!!!!

I think we pay ENOUGH. I have never been in one that has JR, just the Radiance and has the Windjammer. Does that mean that there's no Windjammer on this class? It would suck if you have no Windjammer (free), since were else are you going to eat for free other than the dinning room. Can someone explain. Are there any other choices at were to eat other than JR and well of course the Chops and Portofino? Just wondering!

As long as enough passengers feel that it is a good-enough value to pay the surcharge, the surcharge will be an effective means of controlling the crowding that reportedly occured every-so-often at Johnny Rockets. I'm not sure I'd eat at Johnny Rockets, if there one on Serenade, but the fact that there is a lower probability of crowding would appeal to me greatly.

I think we pay ENOUGH. I have never been in one that has JR, just the Radiance and has the Windjammer. Does that mean that there's no Windjammer on this class? It would suck if you have no Windjammer (free), since were else are you going to eat for free other than the dinning room. Can someone explain. Are there any other choices at were to eat other than JR and well of course the Chops and Portofino? Just wondering!

Johnny Rockets is only on Voyager class ships and is considered a speciality restaurant. All these ships still have the Windjammer as well and it is always free.

Johnny Rockets is only on Voyager class ships and is considered a speciality restaurant. All these ships still have the Windjammer as well and it is always free.

Thanks Superjerry, those are really good news. Then i don't care eating at JR, never been on one before don't think will "ever" be in one unless i get my free coupon from C & A.

Archived