Voyager - May 7th Repositioniong Cruise - Are you parking at Port Liberty?

MonaCK

Just wondering where everyone is parking for this trip. Is the lot even going to be open? We already know it's going to be about $100 for parking there... but we'd rather have the convenience of our car being right there rather than having to shuttle anywhere afterwards...

what is up with this particular cruise? Prices are lower than I have ever seen them and this is an 8 Day! I know it departs from Miami and Arrives in New Your Harbour, but prices are awsome! I am trying to go because it is such a good deal. Do you have any info on how empty the ship will be? The sail date is only about six months out.

An interesting question - I'm not on this one, but have been eyeing it for 2006 (assuming the same cruise, the schedule isn't out yet).

My thought was to use Newark airport long-term parking (for the flight to Miami), and then get a van shuttle from Port Liberty to the airport.

1. How are parking prices at Newark? 2. Are shuttle vans readily available at Port Liberty? Price? Reserve in advance?

I really don't know. All I know is that i just booked it this morning. My mother is a travel agent, and I was talking with her over the weekend about wanting to go on another cruise, and that May was a good timeframe for us. She got into the office this morning and began investigating, and we totally lucked out. We're paying for, including port taxes and cancellation insurance, $486.75PP for an inside promenade cabin (7275). We were able to hold another room in the same category at the same rate for a friend who will be putting down a deposit tomorrow.

Apparently, from what I'm reading in the roll call forum, the prices just completely dropped for this cruise. We are not complaining, but I would make a decision and put down a deposit ASAP. :)

And it actually arrives in Bayonne, not New York Harbour.

The prices at Port Liberty for parking are actually very reasonable -- I think it works out to $12/day? it's been a few months so I'm blanking. I know that going from Sunday - Friday cost us a total of $60 to park the car.

I'm planning this one too and hoping the prices hold out to book onboard the week of 10/31. It's only two weeks out but who knows what could happen.

As to parking, I think we're just going to go to BWI, fly to Miami, and fly from Newark back to BWI. The drive to/from Cape Liberty is about 4 hours for us, versus 2 hours to/from BWI... then again, count in airport time and flight time and I doubt it would be that much difference. Oh well. BWI is easier on departure day, that's for sure.

I'm planning this one too and hoping the prices hold out to book onboard the week of 10/31. It's only two weeks out but who knows what could happen.

As to parking, I think we're just going to go to BWI, fly to Miami, and fly from Newark back to BWI. The drive to/from Cape Liberty is about 4 hours for us, versus 2 hours to/from BWI... then again, count in airport time and flight time and I doubt it would be that much difference. Oh well. BWI is easier on departure day, that's for sure.

We have a group going May 7th from Reading PA if you want info you can email me at

srotterdam@aol.com

And it actually arrives in Bayonne, not New York Harbour.

I am also going on this cruise.

$12 a day is good price for parking, so if you can not get a ride I would take it.

And by the way the port in Bayonne is part of the New York Harbour.

Archived