Where to stay in Orlando?

barriekins

We are sailing on the Mariner out of Port Canaveral on August 3. We are looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Orlando the night before so we can enjoy Downtown Disney. There are so many places to choose from.... does anyone have any recommendations?

I believe some of the Disney All-Star resorts are offering $69 rates. Staying on property would allow you to use Disney transportation if you wanted to.

Otherwise, the Holiday Inn Express - Airport and Holiday Inn Express - Florida Mall can have decent rates.

BobK/Orlando

I've stayed at the Regal Sun Resort, which use to be the Grosvenor Resort three times between 2000 ( Christmas ), Summer 2004 and Summer 2005. It has since been renovated and the rates for your stay are around $106.00 plus taxes. It is right across the street from Downtown Disney, which is why I always stay here after staying at the Disney Caribbean Beach one year. The use to offer a breakfast buffet plan with their rates, but I'm not sure if that's still offered. A Disney Character breakfast is offered for $17.00. The Sunday Kings Buffet was the best breakfast buffet I have ever been to. Ham, cracked snow and rock crabs claws, roast beef, omellets, mimosa! Who could ask for anything more!

I also stayed at the Comfort Inn just outside of Downtown Disney down from the Regal Sun and Hilton, after deciding to stay and extra day in Disney when the Grosvenor was booked and we HAD to check out.

I went on hotwire the other night and got Comfort inn lake buena vista 2*,for $29.00 a night for December. My kids have stayed there a few times and its fine for a couple of days.It is about 1/2 mile from downtown disney.I am there all the time as my brother has a house nearby that I can use but don't want to do all the cleaning for 2 nights.

I just checked,Comfort inn $52 a night for Aug 3. You will not know hotel until you pay.But trust me ,i know the area.Just put in orlando and dates and separate by price.Look for 2* lake Buena vista area and it is Comfort inn

Archived