AOS---aft balcony?

We are sailing the Adventure of the Seas next April and considering an aft balcony, off the back of the ship. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with these cabins, and the ones on the lower decks, ie, Deck 6? Is the balcony covered, can those above see your balcony, and did you like these better than a port/starboard balcony? Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Yes my wife and I had the Aft balcony 2 years ago. Nice size stateroom but we found the frame of the ship blocking views, and also we also felt the ship alittle more in the Aft. Nothing major and would probably not book that stateroom again.

I was just in aft corner cabin 7388 on EOS in March - 3 adults. The corner balcony was fantastic. We did not have any problem with the frame blocking the view and enjoyed relaxing on our sunny balcony every afternoon after returning to the ship. Due to the corner location we actually had two view - starboard as well as aft. We got plenty of sun and had two reclining loungers as well as two chairs and still had room. I can not compare the location to other cabins but I did not find the motion to be a problem. I felt it but then I was on a ship, I expected to feel it.

I have booked an aft cabin for next year and it will continue to be my cabin of choice.

Jewel 3/05

Explorer 3/04

Majesty 3/03

We also had 7388 corner aft which was great but I would not suggest getting an aft on deck 6. Your balcony railing separates your balcony from a small crew deck. Seldom used but just the same it is at the same level as your balcony.

Archived