Single Mom travelling with 2 YO

Pete'sMom

Anyone been there done that? This is my 3rd cruise, my dear son's 2nd, but our 1st cruise just the two of us. Am I delusional to think we'll have fun? We're going to Canada/New England.

Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

It's not a particularly child friendly itinerary, and will have mostly retirees on board. Those Canada fall cruises are known to be for those who are 65 and older. We've done a few of those, on different ships, but it was pretty much the same with very few younger people on board. As far as excursions, again, that's not an itinerary that has much for kids.

What are your ports? Kiddos that age enjoy aquariums, zoos, birds and critters in general. Stuffed ones too. Been dragging my son around the world for 13 years on ships and he has always had fun. Book early seating for dinner and bring some crayons and coloring books. Be sure to bring an emergency supply of goldfish or graham crackers.:D

Anyone been there done that? This is my 3rd cruise' date=' my dear son's 2nd, but our 1st cruise just the two of us. Am I delusional to think we'll have fun? We're going to Canada/New England.

Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Don't worry, you'll have a great time. New England/Canada itinerary is beautiful. You'll love it. I've been traveling alone with my son since he was a baby and I've never had a bad time. Enjoy the sites and enjoy your time with your son. They are times you will never forget! :)

• 1 year later...

My 2.5yo DD will be going to alaska with me in July. My mom and BFF are going with us but I don't anticipate too much night life for me but I planned excursions that she should enjoy. Dirt and bugs in Juneau, gold mining in Skagway, and an aquarium in Victoria. She's just excited about going on "the big boat".

Archived