Favorite Princess spa treatment?

tontok

Hello all,

Mom and I are getting more and more excited about our Aug 30 sailing on the Grand. We always intend to experience the spa on a cruise, but somehow have never gotten to it. Too many experiences to enjoy and ports to visit! However, once again we are dreaming of enjoying the spa.

Just wondering, what are your favorite (or least favorite) spa treatments on board Princess?

Marina

The lime and salt rub is wonderful, especially if combined with a massage. Speaking of massages ... hot stones or reflexology can convince you you are in heaven. Have them at the same time and you KNOW you are in heaven! Hope you and your mom pick well and enjoy it a lot.

I like the one where they wrap you in the hot seaweed stuff and foil, then give you a massage after you shower off. My least favorite is anything where they put their oily hands in my hair. I don't want my hair all greased up, even though I wash it everyday. Oh, and I don't like the sales pitch to buy products, so I tell them ahead of time I have everything, so leave that part off.

I don't know what they call it but on our last cruise we did a couples session where each person got a 30-min. massage while the other relaxed in this womb-like waterbed. You actually sink down into this warm-waterbed that comes half-way up your sides.

Pluses--the waterbed-thingy is awesome and the masseuse was a great sport (see below).

Minuses--Masseuse and I kept cracking up as Leo snored away in the waterbed! (Sorry honey.)

Kathi

We loved the couples massage. But the cost is high. You pay less when the ship is in port. Also there is great special for the ladies on port days.

Check you Princess Platters. There is a lot of free seminars in the spa.

But they all push detox. They push there products. So be careful.

Go by the spa your first day on the ship. They have some drawings they do. We won half off a couples massages. Also at one of the seminars my husband won a free facial. We did not want that. So they would not trade it for anything else.

Archived