anniversary/birthday

horsemen

I was on the ship on my birthday. My husband asked the waiters to sing to me, but other than that Carnival didn't do anything.

You can order cakes for special occassions, but they won't just do something without being asked to.

if any or both of the dates come while on a cruise dose carnival do anything for you on the ship?

They sure do. They ALLOW you to buy a cake, champagne, flowers, etc. and to buy decorations for your cabin. Don't expect them to acknowledge the occasion any further than a birthday song in the dining room, as any restaurant would. We were unable to get any acknowledgment for our 50th Wedding Anniversary (our kids were disappointed about that). We thought the least they could do was have various celebrants rise for the occasion!:D

thats cool its my wife bday and our Anniversary on ours. didnt knwo if they did anything or not the TA said she put it down in the booking so i wasnt sure if they did or not.

my bday the 13 her the 19 so we just do one big bash for everything on the 19th

ya we lol at buying the cakes with all the sweets i hear about with the meals who needs another cake.

Just take some decorations for your door or room. I just took some balloons and stikers. I put them on the door. The waiters did put a candle in the nights desert and sung. Not like the old days when they gave you a cake. I never did get the paying for a cake when they give you more costly desserts.

For many, many years Carnival brought out cakes for b'days and annivs. at no charge. I understand why it was stopped a few years ago...Sometimes it seemed half the dining room was celebrating something...but that was because it was comp.:rolleyes:

The cakes come in two sizes; the smallest is around $6. Well worth it to me IF I were celebrating something for someone special.

These days, if you tell your waiter it's your b'day/whatever, he will put a candle in your dessert and several of the waiters will sing "Hoppy Bursday to U". Have your camera ready; it's a hoot.:D

Archived