Mexican Riveria - Swimming with Dolphins

Phylhering

Glad you like the ball. To me, it's a "Stardust Ballroom" ball, rather than disco. All the ballrooms had one in the 30's and 40's during the big band era. We're still chasing our high school music and still swing dancing the nights away. It's wonderful - after 70 you can do anything you want - canopy tours, motorcycle riding, dancing.

Over the hill, and pickin' up speed. Woo Hoo............

Bev

We also are doing the Mexican Riviera on NCL 11/13. We chose to do the dolphins in Acapulco, and set it up directly with the waterpark, instead of booking through the ship. It saves about $60 per person to book directly. Have you checked out the Acapulco thread? Roberto at the Acapulco Visitors bureau has a ton of info. and hooked me up with the dolphin excursion. Let me know and I will dig through my info. and get an e-mail for you.

Joanna

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion back in June 2004 in PV. It was worth every single penny. We love the fact that we were able to purchase a video of our swim with the dolphins. We have watched it several times. It was just an amazing experience. Go for it!!! We are cruising to the Mexican Riveria again the end of January and just might have to swim with the dolphins again....

Barb

We also are doing the Mexican Riviera on NCL 11/13. We chose to do the dolphins in Acapulco, and set it up directly with the waterpark, instead of booking through the ship. It saves about $60 per person to book directly. Have you checked out the Acapulco thread? Roberto at the Acapulco Visitors bureau has a ton of info. and hooked me up with the dolphin excursion. Let me know and I will dig through my info. and get an e-mail for you.

Joanna

Joanna could you get me that information. I will be on the Coral Princess the first part of May. :cool: My daughter really wants to swim with the dolphins. I understood that the ships had a block so I couldn't book myself. :confused:Hope you enjoy your cruise:)

Delores

We did this excursion back in June 2004 in PV. It was worth every single penny. We love the fact that we were able to purchase a video of our swim with the dolphins. We have watched it several times. It was just an amazing experience. Go for it!!! We are cruising to the Mexican Riveria again the end of January and just might have to swim with the dolphins again....

Barb

Barb,

When are you going and on what ship? My wife and I will be on the Vision of the Seas Jan. 23rd and are doing the PV dolphin swim.

- Randy

• 2 months later...
Hey Randy, are you still around? ... we want to hear how your dolphin swim went in PV. We're on the same ship, the Vision, in March. You sail in 2 days! ... bon voyage!

-Bob

Still here, but leaving in 2 days!!!! I'll be sure to post my review when I return.

Randy,

Don't forget to take some cash/credit card with you when you go for your dolphin excursion. I believe it was about 35-35.00 for the dvd and or video of our dolphin swim. It will be something you two will not soon forget.

Barb

I posted a reply to this on another thread on this board. We did the dolphin swim in Acapulco and thought that it was well worth the money. You get to do a lot with them including, feed, dance, sing, get pushed in the water by,and give hand cues to. I would and probably will do this again if given the chance. Marilyn

Can you provide the name of the dolphin swim company in Acapulco? We are sailing on Spirit on 3/17/05 and it is not offered as a shore excursion in Acapulco. There is a dolphin swim offered in Ixtap/Zihuatanejo, that were were considering doing, but their website reservations is in Spanish only......so it looks like if we do this it would have to be through Carnival, with a hefty price.

Any one who has done the dolphin swim in either Acapulco or I/Z.......please provide info/comments on your experience. We have a 9 year old who cant wait to do this.

Thanks for all the info:)

CACREW- The dolphin swim is at the "CI CI Waterpark". If you have been looking at these boards and have read the LONG thread on Acapulco you will know that Roberto has been a great resource for info. Anyway he mentioned that when the cruise ships are in port they often buy up all the spots available at the waterpark for the dolphin swim since numbers are limited. He said that it may be too difficult to get in if not on an excursion. We paid NCL $185 for this excursion and in researching this activity in many other places this was a reasonable fee although for us it was definately a splurge. I think the water park has a spanish only website. Have fun! Marilyn

Archived