Anybody Stayed In A Splendor Spa Stateroom Yet??

Michelle M

To answer the smoking question, it is not allowed in the cabin or on the balcony.

There was a Cruise Critic member (sorry I don't remember who) that posted on here pretty upset, because she had booked a SPA Balcony (BEFORE they announced these were all nonsmoking) and she had to be moved...because she was a smoker.

She said she should not be "denied" the Spa cabin experience just because she was a smoker.

I don't know if she cancelled her cruise, settled for a regular balcony or kept the Spa Balcony and just did not smoke there? But I am thinking she moved to a regular balcony.

:) That is my understanding too, but the cost of the balcony spa stateroom on the spa deck was more money than our spa balcony on the panorama deck at the time we booked. Just made me curious!:o

For some reason ....all cabin prices go up...the higher you go.

Perhaps this applies to Spa cabins as well.

Our Spa Balcony cabin is on the Spa deck.

What exactly is the thalassotherapy pool? Is that the large pool that Bill posted on his thread? Looks almost like a large hottub jacuzzi/

Yes, that is it.

You can't see it in Bill's pictures....because the pump is running...but there is a big bench down the left hand side (in his pictures) that you sit on.

For some reason ....all cabin prices go up...the higher you go.

Perhaps this applies to Spa cabins as well.

Our Spa Balcony cabin is on the Spa deck.

;) Thanks LHP, I forgot about that, the higher the cabin the more it costs. Please let us know how you enjoy the spa stateroom when you return!:o

To answer the smoking question, it is not allowed in the cabin or on the balcony.

There was a Cruise Critic member (sorry I don't remember who) that posted on here pretty upset, because she had booked a SPA Balcony (BEFORE they announced these were all nonsmoking) and she had to be moved...because she was a smoker.

She said she should not be "denied" the Spa cabin experience just because she was a smoker.

I don't know if she cancelled her cruise, settled for a regular balcony or kept the Spa Balcony and just did not smoke there? But I am thinking she moved to a regular balcony.

It was me. I switched to a regular balcony on the 10/29 transatlantic. I don't remember saying I should not be denied the Spa cabin experience but I WAS & still am pretty hot that Carnival did not announce that the Spa cabins would be non smoking at the time they opened reservations. At the time of my initial posting there were no other balcony cabins available & I was thinking that I would have to cancel a once in a lifetime cruise. I simply think that we should know when we book what kind of accommodations we will have. Just imagine how you non smokers would feel if you booked a cruise thinking that the dining rooms were smoke free & upon arrival found everyone puffing away. If Carnival had been up front I would have known not to book a Spa cabin. I think that any kind of significant change of any policy needs to announced so that people can make appropriate choices.

We're interested in a spa room because of the smoking restriction on that deck. But can anyone (who has actually experienced them) confirm that the balconies are also smoke-free? Are there signs to clearly indicate so on the balcony and/or in the stateroom? (We just don't want to pay for another balcony that we cannot use).

There were not signs on the balcony stating NO SMOKING. Our neighbors were smoking on the balcony a few times and it did not bother us too much.

There aren't any ashtrays in the cabin. My DH was in the hallway on embarkation day and one of the neighbors down the hall asked the cabin steward for an ashtray and he had to tell him the spa cabins were all non-smoking. The man told the steward he did not know that and they were not aware of the policy change. The couple was not bothered by it and said they would smoke elsewhere on the ship. The steward did not say anything about the balconies being smoke free or not.

It was me. I switched to a regular balcony on the 10/29 transatlantic. I don't remember saying I should not be denied the Spa cabin experience but I WAS & still am pretty hot that Carnival did not announce that the Spa cabins would be non smoking at the time they opened reservations. At the time of my initial posting there were no other balcony cabins available & I was thinking that I would have to cancel a once in a lifetime cruise. I simply think that we should know when we book what kind of accommodations we will have. Just imagine how you non smokers would feel if you booked a cruise thinking that the dining rooms were smoke free & upon arrival found everyone puffing away. If Carnival had been up front I would have known not to book a Spa cabin. I think that any kind of significant change of any policy needs to announced so that people can make appropriate choices.

I completely agree that this should have been disclosed from the beginning.

However, in Carnival's defense...they start booking these ships before they are even built and this was a "new class" of ship with the Spa cabins. I think they were in "new territory" (so to speak). This ship was not even built for Carnival. It was built for Costa....and Carnival took it over...which is why it will be the only one.

Did they say the Balcony was nonsmoking as well???? I just saw a post where someone was smoking on a Spa balcony.

Glad you were able to switch to a regular cabin. If I were Carnival, I would have given you the "Spa privileges" for that cruise at no extra cost for changing.

Hope you have a great cruise.

BELLE907--thanks for the info on the spa suites. I'll be booking one for Sept 09.

I do know that the spa suites have spa robes (which won't fit me cuz I am not thin) and slippers! No discounts on spa treatments, just unlimited use of thalasso pool and tepidarium (steam rooms) each valued at $40 per day.

Spa accommodations ARE smoke free cabins, so if there was a smoker I am sure the cabin steward reminded them that it is a smoke free deck.....One reason I want to book a spa suite, the other being my 40th birthday :D :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

I completely agree that this should have been disclosed from the beginning.

However, in Carnival's defense...they start booking these ships before they are even built and this was a "new class" of ship with the Spa cabins. I think they were in "new territory" (so to speak). This ship was not even built for Carnival. It was built for Costa....and Carnival took it over...which is why it will be the only one.

Did they say the Balcony was nonsmoking as well???? I just saw a post where someone was smoking on a Spa balcony.

Glad you were able to switch to a regular cabin. If I were Carnival, I would have given you the "Spa privileges" for that cruise at no extra cost for changing.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Yes, the balcony was also non smoking. Someone shouldn't have been smoking on the balcony on Spa deck but I'm just one of those crazy people that try to follow the rules. Carnival said I would have all of the

Spa privileges except for the robe & slippers, so we'll see. I also got a very nice OBC.

One of the posts here references the one man who said he did not know about the change of policy for Spa deck. Right after I raised so much stink with Carnival, I know they were calling others who were booked in Spa cabins to make sure that they knew they were non smoking. The thing that kinda scares me about unannounced policy changes is that one day we may board the ship only to find that they're only serving 2 meals a day rather than 3 or some such absence of something that we take for granted.

• 2 weeks later...
1024/25 and 1028/29 are suite cabins- how bizzare to have those cabins in the middle like that--
Why is it bizzare to have the Spa Suites located in the middle of other spa cabins? Unlike regular Cat 11 suites, those 4 Cat 11 suites are clearly labeled and designated SS (Spa Suite). ;)

Archived