Can you identify this beach in Zihuatanejo / Ixtapa?

AuntieBarb

I saw this picture referenced for the Mexican Riviera at port Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, but there's no caption. Does anyone know where this beach is or what its name is? Perhaps it is elsewhere in the Mexican Riviera? I'm clueless, but am intrigued by the picture!

mex_riviera_575x219.jpg

I saw this picture referenced for the Mexican Riviera at port Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, but there's no caption. Does anyone know where this beach is or what its name is? Perhaps it is elsewhere in the Mexican Riviera? I'm clueless, but am intrigued by the picture!

mex_riviera_575x219.jpg

It is NOT Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa for sure.

LOL! Thank you for saying that. A water taxi offered to take us over there but it didn't look to me like there were any facilities and I knew I couldn't make it all afternoon just lying around or walking around.

Viv

Don't get me wrong, a boat trip around the arches is kinda a "must do", just don't get off the tour boat. On a boat trip around the arches, you see Lover's Beach (which was the picture) on the Sea of Cortez, with lots of seals/sea lion type animals and as you round the arches, it is the Pacific Ocean, with Divorce Beach. Same beach, just under the arch, but much rougher water. It is the kind of thing you do once, IMHO, but do it, just don't plan on spending the day there. Great photo ops.

After an hour of the arches, I was ready for Medano Beach. We take a water taxi for about $3/pp each way, but you have to be able to get out of the boat in knee deep water. If that is not an option for your party, take a land taxi to Billygans or the Office. They are right next door to each other along with a lot of other beachfront places. There are vendors all along the beach offering kayaks, parasailing, jet skis, etc. I never made it past Billygans, as they had 2/1 Long Island Ice Teas, with a lounge chair and umbrealla. Cabo was a short day so I maximized my time. Hope you enjoy yours!

Archived