Mini Suites

jlyn1216

I can't offer any help with the Gem or Jewel but I can tell you about the mini-suite I stayed in on the Sun (aft #9278). The room was not any bigger than a regular balcony room except for the bathroom with a really big tub / shower combo. It also had a walk-in closet with lots of drawer space. The dressing table was across from the closet and separate from the bath. The sink and water closet (with frosted door) was in the tiled bathroom while the dressing table / closet were carpeted. There was a nice entry hall with a mirrored shelf. The balcony had 2 chairs, small table and 2 loungers. The room had lots of lights with dimmers and many more outlets than I ever needed. It had a very nice ambience.

Please let me know of any specific questions you have and I'll be glad to answer.

Diane

I can't offer any help with the Gem or Jewel but I can tell you about the mini-suite I stayed in on the Sun (aft #9278). The room was not any bigger than a regular balcony room except for the bathroom with a really big tub / shower combo. It also had a walk-in closet with lots of drawer space. The dressing table was across from the closet and separate from the bath. The sink and water closet (with frosted door) was in the tiled bathroom while the dressing table / closet were carpeted. There was a nice entry hall with a mirrored shelf. The balcony had 2 chairs, small table and 2 loungers. The room had lots of lights with dimmers and many more outlets than I ever needed. It had a very nice ambience.

Please let me know of any specific questions you have and I'll be glad to answer.

Diane

Thanks, I checked and 9278 on the Sun, and see that it faces straight aft and appears on the diagram to be a bigger cabin than the balcony cabins on the Sun. (Been on the Sun twice, nice ship) If I had to guess I would have said that the mini was bigger than our balcony on the Sun when we sailed her, but is it just the hall and Bathroom area where the sq footage is felt or are the two cabin cats in fact the same size? Any one know if Sq Ft for NCL cabins is on the web?

Thanks, I checked and 9278 on the Sun, and see that it faces straight aft and appears on the diagram to be a bigger cabin than the balcony cabins on the Sun. (Been on the Sun twice, nice ship) If I had to guess I would have said that the mini was bigger than our balcony on the Sun when we sailed her, but is it just the hall and Bathroom area where the sq footage is felt or are the two cabin cats in fact the same size? Any one know if Sq Ft for NCL cabins is on the web?

That's right...middle aft and a view that can't be beat! 9278 is an AF category.

Mini Suites on the Gem:

Categories AF through AG - Mini-Suites

(ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Note: As of January 1, 2008 the concierge service will no longer be available

in the Mini-Suites.

Embarkation
Cut Flower(s) in bud vase

1 Fruit Basket* (s/s fruit bowl)

1 Bottle of Spring Water

Bath Amenities
Conditioning Shampoo (Dispenser)

Hand Soap (Dispenser)

Bath and Shower Gel (Dispenser)

Moisturizing Lotion (NCL 2006 new brand logo)

Oatmeal Soap (NCL 2006 new brand logo)

Shower Cap (NCL 2006 new brand logo)

Shoe Shine Mitt (NCL 2006 new brand logo)

Other
Bath Robes (Waffle Weave)

Feather Pillows

24 hour room service (Standard Menu)
Continental Breakfast

Mini Suites on the Gem:

Categories AF through AG - Mini-Suites

(ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Note: As of January 1, 2008 the concierge service will no longer be available

in the Mini-Suites.

Embarkation
Cut Flower(s) in bud vase

1 Fruit Basket* (s/s fruit bowl)

1 Bottle of Spring Water

Bath Amenities
Conditioning Shampoo (Dispenser)

Hand Soap (Dispenser)

Bath and Shower Gel (Dispenser)

Moisturizing Lotion (NCL 2006 new brand logo)

Oatmeal Soap (NCL 2006 new brand logo)

Shower Cap (NCL 2006 new brand logo)

Shoe Shine Mitt (NCL 2006 new brand logo)

Other
Bath Robes (Waffle Weave)

Feather Pillows

24 hour room service (Standard Menu)
Continental Breakfast

Here's my input from this list and what I really got in my mini-suite on the Sun in April:

Flowers - never got 'em, but I did have an empty bud vase to look at all week :rolleyes:

Fruit basket - a couple of days into the cruise the stewards left a list of available fruits in my room, of which I got to choose 2. It was delivered on day 3 but not refilled. I'm sure they would have if I'd called.

Spring water - probably, I don't remember.

Bath amenities - all were there except the oatmeal soap.

Other - those things were there.

Not listed above - there was a bottle of champagne on ice.

I really liked my mini-suite but I'll book a regular balcony next time. The main reason I booked the mini-suite was because of the location...aft.

Diane

We got all of the items listed above in our Jewel minisuite, except the fruit bowl, which was offered on the first full day of the cruise and appeared on Day 3. It was refilled roughly every third day. We got one complimentary bottle of Evian, and there was a bottle of red wine as well, but that was a gift from the travel agent.

2.0 was about 90% when I went. The only thing that could have been added was a new mattress.

Do you have any specific questions about things you want or heard were included?

Diane

What was your take on the different coloured room cards?

I mean I don't get why/what the fuss is, don't you get different coloured room cards on all lines depending on how many cruises you've done with the line? How does NCL issue a repeat customer colour with a mini suite over the same customer if they'd taken an Ocean View? :confused:

I agree with DIZZYDALLASDI (love the name) not worth the extra money. If you had 3 or 4 people you might need the extra room. Had an aft mini over New Years on the Gem. The only extra I can remember was the $800 more for the room. It was directly under the outdoor buffet and there was no noise from above.

Archived