Not into Cave Tubing or Zip Lining...

YVRCanuck

Anyone have any other suggestions for an excursion in Belize? My family and I (DD - 20yrs, DS - 18yrs) are not into the tubing or zip lining, so is there anything else to do in Belize besides shopping? We are planning to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, so would like to do something different. Of course if there is nothing else that the family is interested in, feel free to suggest a nice beach.

Anyone have any other suggestions for an excursion in Belize? My family and I (DD - 20yrs, DS - 18yrs) are not into the tubing or zip lining, so is there anything else to do in Belize besides shopping? We are planning to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, so would like to do something different. Of course if there is nothing else that the family is interested in, feel free to suggest a nice beach.

A day on one of the islands is about all that is left unless you want to see ruins. This area has a couple of good ruins tours and the beaches on some of the islands or cays are gorgeous. We went to Bannister Island on our last visit. It was pretty nice.

Thought about the cave tubing thing, but I plan to go to Altun Ha while in Belize....DH would rather go on the all-you-can-drink beer brewing tour, so I may be on my own......:p

I've also heard there is really good snorkeling in the waters near Belize.

When are you going?

We did the river tour and Altan Ha ruins excursion the last time. It's very informative and interesting but I wouldn't go when the weather is hot in the summer or during the rainy season. We went in February and it was hot enough then, I couldn't imagine how hot it would be other times of the year.

We've gone snorkeling in Belize too and I would definitely suggest that especially if you're more into the beach thing.

• 1 month later...

Not knowing what ship you're on or when you're going, I'd suggest Biking in Belize if you're doing CCL.

You get a narrated tour on the way to the jungle, a very easy ride through the jungle, visit Altun Ha, and then a traditional Belizean lunch. We really enjoyed ourselves, and had about an hour for shopping when we got back.

Archived