Dress on Alaska cruise

geez1323

I have a quick question, on formal nights on the Alaskan cruise can men wear a blazer and tie? What are the other options on formal nights if you choose not to dress up? Thank you for your help. Gigi

There was a very long thread regarding formal nights earlier this month. Rather than giving my opinion, I'll just state Regent's current dress code...... men can wear a tuxedo or a dark suit with a tie. I saw less tuxedo's on our recent Alaska cruise than on previous cruises. Most men wore dark suits. If you do not want to dress for formal night, the only options are to dine at La Veranda or in your suite. :o

Enjoy your cruise!

Unless I'm mistaken, Regent doesn't have any listed formal nights on its Alaskan itineraries. The most "formal" is Informal, usually on the second night, (which is still very dressy). According to Regent, Informal for the gents is "jackets and collared shirts for men (ties strongly recommended)", so I would think your husband would be ok (well, I hope so, because DH is also not taking a suit; but a blazer, shirts and ties to mix with his trousers). Well - we'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks!:)

We did the 11 night repositioning cruise -- that could be why we had two formal nights (San Francisco -- Alaska -- Vancouver). I forgot that seven night cruises have, for the most part, dropped formal nights (which I think is great!). Sorry for the misinformation:o

Archived