Crown Princess, April of 2009: Disembarkation my choice of time or theirs?

Bishopcfd

Greetings,

Upon disembarking the Crown Princess in April we will be flying out of Palm Beach Airport. By my best guess, we should be off the ship no later than 9:00 a.m. for a 1:30 p.m. flight out of PBI.

My first question for those who have flown out of PBI after a cruise homeported at Port Everglades. Will 2 1/2 hours be enough time before airport arrival (assume 2 hours prior to flight) to get off the ship, go through customs, get to FLL, pick up rental car and drive to PBI?

My second question, as a customer, do I decide what time I get off the ship or do they decide for me what time, dependant upon the info I give them? Just asking because we have never cruised with Princess before.

There's no guarantee you'll be off ANY ship by 9 am. So much of it depends on customs and immigration, and if eveyone has paid their onboard account.

Roz

You can sign up for self-embarkation if you are able to carry off all of your own luggage. This way you will be among the first to get off the ship once it is allowed.

If you cannot carry off your own luggage, you can request to be in the first group of that category.

There is a combined shuttle for all the airport car rental companies that picks up pssengers at the cruise terminal for the 10 minute ride to the airport. Or, if you have arranged a rental from a non-airport location, they may have a shuttle you can take also.

In my opinion, you should have no trouble making your flight.

Archived