Legend 8/24 Itinerary flip flop

deuceybean

I was just doing my daily check in to the Carnival site (What can I say, I love that 22...21...20 days til...) and I noticed that the order of ports is changed. While that in itself doesn't really concern me, I am concerned that I booked excursions through Carnival for both Cozumel and Roatan (which are the ones out of order). While they are showing up in the "My Orders" section as being paid for, when I look at my cruise overview, it is not listed under the new day and time we will be in the port. I have not received any emails or credit to my purchasing credit card indicating the excursions were cancelled. I'm just curious on if it will go through automatically or what. Also, in the new dropdown for shore excursions once I'm logged in to the account, only Grand Cayman and Belize show up in the drop down. I'm scared!!!! First time cruiser, super excited, but confused about what this means!!!

We have also had two of our ports switch days, this has been happening on the Glory for quite a few weeks. I have yet to hear from Carnival but others have rec'd notification. I was able to see it reflected on their site yesterday though. I also noticed when checking excursion prices for someone else that the only two ports listed were the ones not affected by the change. Not much help to you but your not alone. Try giving your TA or PVP a call to see if you can get some clarification on the excursions you have planned. Good luck :)

The flip flop is affecting us on our cruise for 8/10, too. I did get an e-mail from Carnival about the change.

I don't have any excursions booked through Carnival, but I'm sure they will accomodate you for the excursions you booked. Excursions are a big revenue stream for Carnival, I can't imagine they would do something that would impact that. The only way to know for sure would be to call your PVP or TA tomorrow and ask.

If you do find that they aren't transferring your bookings to the new dates, you still have time to book with independent operators in each port. And probably even save yourself a little cash, too. So, no worries!:)

I would think that since the tours are paid for they would just set you up for the correct day.

No matter what day they hit the port they are going to sell those same excursions to the passengers.

I wouldn't worry. I am sure you are protected on those tours.

They wouldn't cancel them and make you rebook once onboard. Its just a different day is all.

we recieved an email from Carnival about this the other day about our 9-21 sailing on the Legend

hey we are on the same sailing....can you post a copy of your email. I have not heard about any changes yet.

thanks

I was just doing my daily check in to the Carnival site (What can I say, I love that 22...21...20 days til...) and I noticed that the order of ports is changed. While that in itself doesn't really concern me, I am concerned that I booked excursions through Carnival for both Cozumel and Roatan (which are the ones out of order). While they are showing up in the "My Orders" section as being paid for, when I look at my cruise overview, it is not listed under the new day and time we will be in the port. I have not received any emails or credit to my purchasing credit card indicating the excursions were cancelled. I'm just curious on if it will go through automatically or what. Also, in the new dropdown for shore excursions once I'm logged in to the account, only Grand Cayman and Belize show up in the drop down. I'm scared!!!! First time cruiser, super excited, but confused about what this means!!!

We are on this sailing and are first time cruisers as well. This morning I noticed the itinerary change when I got on the Carnival site to print our FunPass. I haven't heard anything from my TA or from Carnival re: the change in the order of ports. We have booked excursions thru Carnival for Roatan & Belize and they are still showing up in the "My Orders" section, but still on the original dates!!:eek: (really the only difference for us is Roatan as we have nothing booked for Cozumel, but thinking of doing Nachi Cocom). Oh well, I am assuming that since these are booked thru Carnival, nothing has changed except the dates we will be there. We booked a waverunner tour to Sting Ray City with Fat Fish Adventures in Grand Cayman, luckily, that date hasn't changed!! We are so excited!!:)

I was browsing on Carnival's message board on their site, someone who posted said they called the Carnival customer service and was assured that their excursions would just carry over to the next day. Until I see it on my cruise summary though, I'll still be scared!!! Thanks for the input though!

anyone know what caused this switcharoo? were on the 8/17 legend sailing that so far hasnt been affected yet... I just wonder at such short notice what could of made them change these itineraries?

anyone know what caused this switcharoo? were on the 8/17 legend sailing that so far hasnt been affected yet... I just wonder at such short notice what could of made them change these itineraries?

I am guessing it is to give the Legend more time in Honduras. That said since Honduras can only handle one ship, sailings like ours, 8/17, can't switch since the Valor is there.

I am very confused about the 8/31 sailing of the Legend.

No one else on our roll call has received notification of a change for our cruise. I have jut emailed my TA for confirmation that it does indeed effect our cruise. I checked with the tour I booked in Cozumel and they had not heard of the change.

I am going to be steamed if the letter (see Legend 8/31 roll call thread) I received from my TA was wrong.

I am very confused about the 8/31 sailing of the Legend.

No one else on our roll call has received notification of a change for our cruise. I have jut emailed my TA for confirmation that it does indeed effect our cruise. I checked with the tour I booked in Cozumel and they had not heard of the change.

I am going to be steamed if the letter (see Legend 8/31 roll call thread) I received from my TA was wrong.

Just check the Carnival site. Per the ship schedule it does NOT effect the 8/31 sailing.

We're on the 9/21 sailing and had Carnival excursions booked for both Cozumel and Roatan. I was assured by our PVP that the transition would be seamless, but since I tend to be a bit neurotic about vacation planning, I also followed up by sending an e-mail to the Carnival Shore Excursion dept. Here is the reply....

Hi there

Your tickets are still valid and there will be no issue with other guests being able to book your spot. The Tulum tour will leave on arrival into Cozumel, and while we have not yet rescheduled the time for the Sea Spi - we will inform you as soon as we have it confirmed.

If there are any major changes to be made we will inform you immediately

Best regards

Tour Operations

I'm confident that everything will be taken care of behind the scenes.

Archived