AB Penthouse Suite 11520

Hi Gina - the "kids" bedroom has built-in shelves and hanging space (behind the door). DH kept some of his clothes in the smaller bedroom because I took up most of the closet space in the master! The smaller of the two bathrooms is shower only. There's a smaller TV also. I wish I had some pix to share with you but I'm at work:) and any pix would be on my home computer. I'll be glad to check when I get home though, ok? We may have been on her before I got a digital camera!

Honestly, I cannot think of one true negative with this suite!

I guess it depends upon who gets to sleep in which bedroom! If you are sharing the "kids" bedroom with the munchkins you should be ok. I assume you'll be in the pulldown bunk and the kids will be in the fold-out bed, correct?

I checked out the link to Orcatek's pix that another poster had provided and the layout for the smaller bedroom is almost identical to that on the Dawn (I believe his were from the Star which is the sister ship to the Dawn). I know when I was researching our first time in an AB that his pictures were invaluable to me and about as close as you could wish to what you will find on the Dawn.

:( - I just checked my home computer and no pix of the Dawn 2003 cruise........DH didn't buy me a digital until later in the year.

Sorry that I couldn't help CruisePrincess - the kids room will be just fine for you. We love the Dawn and are sure you will also!

There is not really a closet...just hanging space behind a door...with very limited space. I have always thought that if you really had a ton of "stuff", you could pull down the bunk and throw it all up there!! It is a VERY tiny room, with a drop-down couch. If you are uncomfortable, the butler will bring you an egg crate pad--and suites get a pillow menu too! Advantages are that it is very private--off the foyer, with a heavy door separating you from the rest of the suite if you prefer...has a TV and a tiny table. The bathroom in this room is just fine. The penthouse itself is fabulous, and you will love it!!! Have a great cruise !!!

Does anyone know the name of this suite?

I posted this a few years ago, here are ALL the "AB" names.....:)

icon7.gifThe Dawn, AB Penthouse Cabin "Gemstone" Names...

:) I have read quite a few times people requesting the "Gemstone" names of each AB Penthouse on the Dawn, well, I have that information for all that would like it. My 12 year old daughter Sara, "volunteered" to go to each cabin and write down the names, so here they are:

Cabin #11010 - "Emerald"

Cabin #11020 - "Jade"

Cabin #11030 - "Sapphire"

Cabin #11050 - "Topaz"

Cabin #11060 - "Garnet"

Cabin #11510 - "Ruby"

Cabin #11520 - "Diamond"

Cabin #11530 - "Opal"

Cabin #11550 - "Pearl"

Cabin #11560 - "Amber"

We were just in #11020, "Jade", we loved the cabin!! It was right off the elevators, we were not disturbed by elevator noise in any way. I liked the paintings in the room, they were different and ecclectic. In fact, yesterday, I switched the AB Cabin I had booked (#11560) for my next years cruise to #11020, that's how much I liked it's location, plus, Jade is my favorite Gemstone, so I find the room pleasing because of the name.

Suesan

Here is a link to the PERFECT web site for an AB. This one is on the Star, but, it is EXACTLY, 100% THE SAME ON THE DAWN....!!!:D

I know that because we have stayed in an AB all three times we have been on the Dawn, the same cabin, 11020, we just liked it.....:)

An AB is a PERFECT CABIN....!!!icon14.gif

YOU WILL LOVE IT.....!!!:D

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

thank you suesan jean. I have seen that link. I am looking for a pic of the "kids" room. There is one that I see but I was looking for a more detailed pic. I just wanna know how much to pack or how much not to pack.

Well, from this picture, you can see it IS QUITE SMALL, it does have a smallish closet.

It does NOT fit everything, my two teenage girls kept their clothes in their suitcases and just got things out that they needed daily.

The Bathroom is quite tiny too, but, it is OK, the girls were happy with their own bathroom.....:)

girlsroom2.jpg

Archived