sneakers in the restaurant for dinner

4FAMILYTOO

Hi All,

This is our first cruise. We're quite nervous but excited. We are going to Athens - Istanbul. My question is this, we are traveling with two teenage boys 12 and 14. They are well traveled (all over Europe). I just read in the pre-departure information brochure that they restrict sneakers in the Restaurant, Degrees or public rooms during dinner. I just bought my sons a pair of $75.00 sneakers each for this trip. Now I'm worried that they will not be allowed to wear at dinner? Will this really happen? They will be dressed in long slacks and collared shirts, otherwise. Thanks for any suggestions, thoughts and replies.

It doesn't matter what the cost; sneakers are sneakers. That said, I have been on the Wind Surf with a family who had two teenagers. The daughter was allowed in the restaurant, against dress code, with a shredded denim skirt that barely covered her you-know-what.

I highly doubt anyone will notice your son's shoes, though I do not think they are appropriate. You will notice that people tend to dress nicely in the Med on a Windstar cruise. The rest of their outfits sound fine.

Archived