Paradise Past Guest Pin Please

JRGAPI

Hello Everyone

Does anyone have a extra Paradise past guest pin you don't need.

I need one to give to a special person that helped me get some

Fantasy pins and they want a Paradise pin for their collection.

If you go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=151281&page=11 of this board, you can see I have become

somewhat of a Carnival pin clearing house. I give the pins

away to fellow cruisers.

If anyone can help me, please contact me at:

jrnolandpi@mindspring.com

JR

This pin is a very rare bird, indeed.

The last time I saw one was on eBay and it sold for over $75.00!!!!!

You might keep an eye out there. Just go to eBay and look for "Carnival Cruise Line". There is usually a lot of memorabilia on it.

Although not the "original" Paradise pin, my mom purchased one from the Gift shop on our last cruise, (she has a hat with all her pins on it)... I think for maybe $5. You might want to go into an upcoming Paradise Roll Call and see if someone will purchase one for you...

Good luck... Wish you would have asked this question one month earlier as I would have gotten it for you...

Holy cats, are you kidding me?? $75??? I was going to respond and say I've probably got several - our family has been on the Paradise twice - and that I would look for one at home and be glad to give it away.......you can be sure I'm going to look now!!!

No seriously, I probably do have several.....I will look and see if I have a spare! We typically would just bring those home, drop them in a drawer, and never look at them again. Last summer I did a huge housecleaning and we kept coming across all kinds of pins, so we gathered them up with the intention of making a display board. Haven't gotten the display board done yet, but I do have piles of pins from Carnival, Disney, etc. I will look!

What is the deal with the pins........they used to leave them in your cabin, but this time (last week on Imagination) I had to go to the purser's desk and ask for them. Is the practice different from ship to ship or has their been a company-wide change?

Fergus

Please PRETTY PLEASE see if you have extra a Paradise or any

extra Carnival pins you can spare. I will send a self addressed

stamped bubble envelope to mail them. Also if you need a pin or

two, let me know. I may have one for you. :)

trudib

Thank you very much for the offer. But the pins they sell in

the gift shop are not the pins we are looking for. I need the

pin that is given to past guest. :)

JR

There are lots of us Carnival funnel pin collectors out here.

Please anyone that gets them on repeat voyages and aren't interested in keeping them, bring them home and post on the site JR has in his first post here.

I give him my extras so he can share with others. In turn he will help me find the ones I need.. Its a great concept for us collectors, so please help out whenever you can and post here or send to JR so he can make someone happy by sending them out.

I'm looking for Festival, Holiday, Fantasy, and Paradise.

Thanks JR for all the smiles you provide everyone...

JR and lots of other posters on this site are some of the most awesome people I've ever met online! Can't wait to meet a few more of you in person.

JR and sent me pins--free of charge just as he says he will--he is awesome.

I'm doing my best to get a Holiday pin or two for him right now! Turn about is fair play!

OK, JR, there's good news, but possibly bad news also. I do have 2 Paradise pins, however, they both say 2000 on them. I will gladly send you one of them if you still want it with 2000 on it. Email me your address and I'll mail it to you - no need to send packaging materials, I can take care of it.

I don't suppose you have any Mardi Gras or Fantasy pins laying around gathering dust?! I'm sure I don't have either one of those and it would be nice to have them for my paltry collection!

OK, JR, there's good news, but possibly bad news also. I do have 2 Paradise pins, however, they both say 2000 on them. I will gladly send you one of them if you still want it with 2000 on it. Email me your address and I'll mail it to you - no need to send packaging materials, I can take care of it.

I don't suppose you have any Mardi Gras or Fantasy pins laying around gathering dust?! I'm sure I don't have either one of those and it would be nice to have them for my paltry collection!

If you decide to part with your other Paradise pin, I am interested. I don't care if its plain or has a date on it.. Just happy to have one period.

I have extra Spirit or Liberty.

Fergus

I can't find your email address. So would you mind sending me

your email address and I will email you my mailing address.

I will gladly swap you a Fantasy pin for the Paradise pin.

But I must tell you it is one of the new style pins. It has

Carnival Fantasy on it instead of the old style Fantasy pins.

You are going to help me put a BIG :D on someones face.

My email address: jrnolandpi@mindspring.com

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

JR

• 1 year later...

Oh boy if anyone has an extra Paradise pin lying around I would love to have one!! I don't care what date it has. I know I have extra's of some of my cruises, I will check in the AM to see what I have. Paradise is the only one from my trips that I do not have yet:(.

Thank you!!

Holy cats, are you kidding me?? $75??? I was going to respond and say I've probably got several - our family has been on the Paradise twice - and that I would look for one at home and be glad to give it away.......you can be sure I'm going to look now!!!

No seriously, I probably do have several.....I will look and see if I have a spare! We typically would just bring those home, drop them in a drawer, and never look at them again. Last summer I did a huge housecleaning and we kept coming across all kinds of pins, so we gathered them up with the intention of making a display board. Haven't gotten the display board done yet, but I do have piles of pins from Carnival, Disney, etc. I will look!

What is the deal with the pins........they used to leave them in your cabin, but this time (last week on Imagination) I had to go to the purser's desk and ask for them. Is the practice different from ship to ship or has their been a company-wide change?

Fergus,

Thought I'd respond to your comment about having to go to the pursers desk to get your last pin. Carnival has changed their policy on past guest pins and starting in October, I believe, they will only be given to platinum cruisers. In fact we are scheduled on our fifth cruise on the Spirit next month and if we get the pins, I've already donated them to 2 members of our roll call who are not platinum. I think the idea of donating pins you don't need or want to cruisers who collect them is a great idea.

I have to tell you though, giving away Paradise pins is awesome of you. Since the Paradise only does 3 & 4 night cruises, there is no longer a chance to get the past guest pin. They truly do sell for big bucks on ebay. We were lucky and got ours on ebay for $11.00+ but we have seen them go often in the $50.00 to $65.00 range.

Archived