Average Age?

goldiefloss

My daughter, who is 24, and I, who am 52 are going on our first cruise next year on QM2 with my parents who are celebrating their Golden Wedding. I know my parents and I will be fine, but is there likely to be other young people around my daughter's age?

Thank you.

Well there is alot of 24 year olds onboard..But there crew members!! If your going on a Transatlantic I have not seen many that age..In the evening I have noticed most people that age visit the Golden Lion pub.So she might meet people there. Also some of the crew do get to visit passenger areas at night..There all dressed up and seem to be enjoying "going out"

I suspect it may depend on the time of year. High season is more likely to see people on holidays and that means younger crowds. You will see an announcement in the daily programme on the first day at sea, for the "Singles Get-Together" or, better yet, the "Young Adults Get-Together" for ages 18 to 30, to kick things off around lunch time if she hasn't hit the disco on sailaway night...

Check the program you will find in your stateroom each night as it lists all the activities for the next day--there is such a choice on offer, and I would suggest she does not limit herself to the "young" labels. Would she like to take dance lessons? Play table tennis? Spend some time in the Spa? Play darts? Bridge? Go to the Planetarium? A lecture? Taste wine? Sample cocktails? Line dance? Take a backstage tour? These are just a few listings from my voyage in May, remembering some of the things my 24-year old son mentioned he would have liked to do a few years ago during his last QM2 TA but ran out of time for... By the way, he is still very much in touch with a group of young adults he met on that crossing..

I do hope you have a great time--let us know how it turned out...

M-L

I plan on going on a QM2 voyage on July 24th of next year (may change) westbound transatlantic with some friends and my cousin all in there 20's. I was also on the Maiden Westbound in April of 2004 and there were young people there. here's my youtube video of part of my experience if it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftqGEBi0ovY.

We sailed with our 19 year old daughter on QM2 tranatlantic last spring. She went to the singles get together and there were only about 8 people there. She did meet someone at the meeting to hang out at the pool with, and had a great time on the trip. Plus they she was happy to receive free champagne (or maybe Pol Aker) at the get together.

Depends on the time of year and the destination.

I did a QM2 Caribbean in early December in 2006 where it appeared that the average age was making Holland America Line (who has a reputation for being floating retirement homes) seem like a swingers condo. Hey, I am not putting the QM2 or the age group on that particular cruise down but I did notice right away the numbers of the walkers set and how much older the crowd was than the HAL cruise I took the year before.

Fast forward to August 2007 where my 5 day bank holiday excursion on the QE2 was more family oriented. Lots of Moms and Dads with children of various ages - all strangely well behaved.

So the question cannot be so easily answered. While Cunard does seem to have an older, monied crowd as a base the season and destination often adds twists to the passenger makeup.

So where is it that the family is going? Personally, I think your daughter will do well.

David

Goldiefloss,

I was lucky to be taken on my first cruise at the age of 37 by my Parents. Now I am totally hooked. I think your Daughter will be fine. There is so much to do, she will find something that interests her. If all else fails, there is always food:) . Have a great Multi-generational trip!

dbutcher555,

Great video. So glad dreams come true. I am about to live my Transatlantic one and my visit Europe one in October all in the same trip. Wow:D

Dream On...

Denise

Archived