14 day to Hawaii

GlendaleCruiser

My sister took this cruise last year and liked it. It was her first cruise. If you have been on that cruise, can you tell me what you liked the best and what you liked the least?

I'm trying to talk some friends into taking that cruise and 4 days at sea each way sounds fun to me. How did you like it?

Was there enough time to take the excursions you wanted on the islands?

We sailed this itinerary on Summit last year and really enjoyed it. The four days at sea before and after were very relaxing, by the time we got to Oahu we were completely relaxed and ready to enjoy the islands. It would be nice to have more time in each port but we were able to enjoy each stop. We had two days on Maui which gave us time to enjoy the island.

We did have a few days at sea that were a little cool, but most were warm and sunny.

We were on the Summit last September to Hawaii and it was my very favorite cruise. We had time to thoroughly enjoy the ship and all the activities that were offered. It allowed us to have more time with the new friends we met on the ship! We relaxed, we had wonderful private excursions, and in Maui, we got off the ship and spent the night at the Hyatt where we had been 23 years before with our kids. The whole trip was AMAZING! Nancie:cool:

Thanks so much for your reviews. It just reinforces my feeling even more that this is a cruise on my horizon. I think those extra days at sea will be so much more relaxing than planning for "tomorrow's port".

which ship are you looking at????:cool:

I loved this cruise. The days at sea were wonderful. The ship had plenty of things like Hula Lessons, NASA Lecture and Wine tasting to fill those sea days. It was soooooo relaxing!!!! Then we had all those wonderful days in Hawaii!!! I think that was my most favorite destination. I would recommend this cruise to anyone who loves cruising.

We did this one on Summit--although the first sea days were cool & not outdoor pool days, it was fun to settle in & enjoy the ship before arriving in Hawaii..lots to do on board ...

Also enjoyed the Cultural lectures & activites on board.. We had great ports but no overnight in Mauai.. We enjoyed all of the ports although for us the lines to re-board on Mauai were very long & in the hot sun--I imagine they have cured that...also post- cruise disembarkation was not very smooth---too long to clear everyone through customs--

The sea days back started to get a bit boring but this is a great way to go without flying or quick time zone adjustments.. Mercury would also be a great ship for this itin--has a great T pool! Aloha!

I really appreciate the information. It was just what I hoped for. I think the boring 4 days back would be a wonderful relaxing way to adjust to time zones--much easier that a long flight.

I like sea days anyway...............

You all have helped a lot.:D :D :D

We did this cruise in April, 2007 on the Infinity. It was our favorite cruise so far. We loved the sea days. Our cruise spent 2 days in Honolulu which actually was my least favorite port of the cruise. We enjoyed this cruise so much that I know we will do it again.

I really appreciate the information. It was just what I hoped for. I think the boring 4 days back would be a wonderful relaxing way to adjust to time zones--much easier that a long flight.

We have also taken this cruise last year.

We loved it.

We agree with every comment the posters have made to you.

Just one more note..if your cruise goes to Lahaina, and, you

would like to do a Hawaiian luau, I recommend you look at

this web site. It is the best luau offered in the islands.

We went here during our Hawaii cruise. It is within walking distance

from the ships launch pier. We walked it but, caught a ride back after

the luau was over. (about 1 mile right on Front Street.)

The luau is worth every penny. It cost less

than those sponsored by the ship too.

http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/flash.html

We have also taken this cruise last year.

We loved it.

We agree with every comment the posters have made to you.

Just one more note..if your cruise goes to Lahaina, and, you

would like to do a Hawaiian luau, I recommend you look at

this web site. It is the best luau offered in the islands.

We went here during our Hawaii cruise. It is within walking distance

from the ships launch pier. We walked it but, caught a ride back after

the luau was over. (about 1 mile right on Front Street.)

The luau is worth every penny. It cost less

than those sponsored by the ship too.

http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/flash.html

We did this cruise a year and half ago on HAL, it was the best cruise for itenerary. Hawaii is so much better than the Caribbean or Mexico. We have booked this cruise again this time with Celebrity. Because it sails from San Diego it's just a one hour flight from where I live and you can leave the same day you sail and avoid a hotel room the night before. The only downside is it's a 15 day cruise, but if you have the time, do it, you won't regret it.

We also did this trip on the Summit in March of 2007. We were a little concerned initially about all the days at sea, but it turned out to be some of the best days of our cruise. We felt very rested when we got back to LA. Someone also mention a resource for a Luau experience that might be worth looking at. We ended up booking one via the ship and were disappointed. It would be worth your time to do a little research and possibly sitting something up yourself.

We have done both the one-way (Infinity 10-night Vancouver-Hawaii in October 2002) and round-trip (Summit 14-night out of San Diego in October 2007). We loved both, but definitely preferred the round trip. We love sea days, and found the round-trip cruise very relaxing. With a one-way cruise you may suffer a bit of jet lag from the flight there or back. With the round trip it is relaxation in both directions!

Just thinking about it makes me want to go again! Unfortunately, it looks as if Celebrity is shifting to mostly one-way cruises to Hawaii, purportedly as a result of the new interpretation of the foreign port requirement.

Archived