Booking on a competing website

What is your experience booking with a cruise-competing website?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is your experience booking with a cruise-competing website?

• Great booking experience! I highly recommend!
    • Horrible! Never Again!
    • Never tried it and don't plan on it.
    • Never tried it but I am interested in trying it.

Has anyone ever had a bad (or good) experience with booking through a TA you only know through a cruise-competing website? I want to get the best deal or OBC but am a little leary of booking with a TA that is not local and that I don't already have a recommendation on. Any advice?

P.S. I think this is allowed since I am not asking about a specific website or TA, just in general about competing TA's in general. But if it is not allowed please let me know. Thanks!

I currently have 2 different cruises booked through an online cruise compete process. Both cruises are with the same agency, since they are the ones who came in with the best prices on both submissions. Before you pick the agency though, you should always look up their history with their local Better Business Bureau. Also, the cruise compete website shows comments about the agency from others who have used them. I even saw my comment listed after I posted it. Just know that when you book this way, you can be sure that you will not get any personal service from the agency that ends up offering the best deals. They are way too busy for personal service. So if you are not travel savy, rethink this. Although to be honest, I have found good knowledgeable personal service is becoming less and less in every facet of travel. Good Luck.

I would never book with a travel agency I don't know, or that hasn't been recommended. If I'm going to use a TA, I'll go to a physical office in my town. Usually, for cruises, I'll just book directly with the cruiseline--that way, if I have questions, or need to make changes, I can do it without a 3rd party. Once you book with the TA, it's THEIR reservation and all contact about that reservation has to go through them.

We booked our August 24th cruise to Alaska through an online agency. We have been very happy with the service. We got $100 OBC + prepaid tips. The price went down about 6 weeks after we booked. I called the agency, and they gave us the price break. You can't ask for more than that.

Archived