Need Some Advice, Please

Luanne21

I was reading about the prices going down on one of the Christmas cruises, so I called my TA this morning.

We have two rooms. One balcony, one inside. Both are connected using Friends and Family.

She called back and said that yes, our room would go down with a savings of 100.00 per person, but the boys would loose the friends and family on their room which would go up 140.00 per person.

Please explain why it would effect the FAF to get the reduced rate.

Thank you

I was reading about the prices going down on one of the Christmas cruises, so I called my TA this morning.

We have two rooms. One balcony, one inside. Both are connected using Friends and Family.

She called back and said that yes, our room would go down with a savings of 100.00 per person, but the boys would loose the friends and family on their room which would go up 140.00 per person.

Thank you

Maybe the price of the inside actually went up the same time yours went down. Or maybe you booked at a lower rate under friends and family and now you want to be booked at regular rates so you can take advantage of the lower regular rate. If so, yes, you would lose the F&F discounts you received to begin with.

Thank you

Two possibilities: If the new lower rate is a promotional rate you lose the FAF because you can't combine two promotions, or perhaps the FAF is simply no longer available. Essentially, they are repricing everything to todays prices.

Thank you

You can check the prices yourself on line. Check them against the price you paid for your cabin and your kids and see if they both went down or not........

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I checked for the first time last night, and it did go down for us. I didn't check the boys.

What all of you say, makes sense.

I also want to say that I was satisfied with the price when booked, so that's not a problem. I guess it is human nature to want the best price.

How does the commission work for TA's. Do they get a flat rate, or does it depend on the price of the cruise?

Thank you

I am assuming that you are referring to Military friends and family rates. That rate was only available during May. If you re-book now, August, the military family and friends rate is not available, therefore, you would have to book the non military room at the current rate for non military. On the room with the military person, you would be able to book at the current military rate. It is true that you may have a savings on the military room but have to pay a lot more for the non military room. When we booked our cruise for next May (16 people) using the Military Family and Friends rate, our Carnival PVP advised us of this exact situation and that any changes or modifications would have to be done during the month of May or we would not get the benefit of the military rate for the non military members of our family. Sometimes Carnival will run the Military Family and Friends rate in Nov for Veterans Day. Perhaps you can wait until then and modify your booking then if they do offer the rate at that time. I hope this helps.:)

Thank you

Because your original booking would have to be cancelled in order to rebook at the lower price and FAF is no longer available.

That's the way it works.

Archived