Victory Dining Room ?'s

logcabin

Its been several years since we last cruised on Carnival. My wife and I had a rough summer with the deaths of 4 family members since Memorial Day weekend. We decided to take a quick 4 dayer to Canada on the Victory on the 28th, just to get away from everything before the summer ends.

So, here's my question for the Carnival pro's out there. This cruise is for us to relax and get away. We nabbed the last Aft 9A. We already have late seating for dinner. What are our chances of going in upon boarding and requesting a table for 2 someplace and getting it. Neither my wife nor I much feel like socializing this cruise. We just want to relax on our balcony most of the time. We would really prefer to eat alone even if it's in the back someplace, out of the way, etc. What are the chances of this if we request it as soon as we board?

Thanks for your help..

Its been several years since we last cruised on Carnival. My wife and I had a rough summer with the deaths of 4 family members since Memorial Day weekend. We decided to take a quick 4 dayer to Canada on the Victory on the 28th, just to get away from everything before the summer ends.

So, here's my question for the Carnival pro's out there. This cruise is for us to relax and get away. We nabbed the last Aft 9A. We already have late seating for dinner. What are our chances of going in upon boarding and requesting a table for 2 someplace and getting it. Neither my wife nor I much feel like socializing this cruise. We just want to relax on our balcony most of the time. We would really prefer to eat alone even if it's in the back someplace, out of the way, etc. What are the chances of this if we request it as soon as we board?

Thanks for your help..

I hope this is a relaxing vacation for your wife it sounds like she needs it after a pretty rough summer.

First unless you are platinum club member late dining was a request and you really will not know what seating you have until receiving the sail and sign card. The request for a table for two would probably have to made through the Maitre`di and that would happen on the first evening. I don't think you can find them when you first board.

Thanks for the quick responce. Are there any "specialty" places to eat on-board or "extra fee" places on the Vistory. I'm just trying to get an idea of a "plan B" if we can't get a table for two.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick responce. Are there any "specialty" places to eat on-board or "extra fee" places on the Vistory. I'm just trying to get an idea of a "plan B" if we can't get a table for two.

Thanks.

We have never sailed the Victory but I do not think it has a specialty restaurant. Those are only on the spirit, conquest, and splendor class ships. The Victory is a triumph class. I think you will be limited to the dining room or the buffet for dinner.

We just returned from the Victory (yesterday) and I will be posting a review (it was great!).

No, there is no supper club on the Victory. The food in the Dining room, however, was terrific!

CT Mak

There are tables for two in the dining rooms on the Victory, although not many. We had one in Feb in the Pacific Dining room upper floor table 547. There were maybe seven? in a center row between booths on either side of us. There may have been others that I didn't see on the other side of the dining room. It can't hurt to seek out the Matre'de the first afternoon and see what he can do for you. We didn't ask for one and my DH wasn't happy when he first saw where we were seated as he enjoys sitting with others but it worked out fine as we became friends with the couples sitting at a booth beside us so we kind of had the best of both worlds with others to talk too while still having our own table. Of the three tables on the other side of us people only showed up one of the 7 nghts we ate in the dining room so we had a really quiet area to be seated most of the nights. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

We were on the Victory out of Charleston on 5/26. There are tables for two in both the Atlantic and Pacific dining rooms, each of which have two levels. The first night's dinner is usually open seating (that is, regardless of your assigned table you can eat at any time in any dining room). I'd recommend you go to an early dinner in whichever dining room you prefer on the first night and ask the matre d' to change your assigned table. Each dining room has its own matre d'.

There are no specialty (added fee) restaurants on the Victory. The Mediterranean restaurant on Lido serves a continuous buffet without reserved seating, and there are specialty food stands (pizza, sushi, deli). The specialty coffee stand does cost extra but cappuccino is free with your meal.

For my Victory pictures and links to the ship's deck plans and virtual tours, go to my blog at http://americansabroad.blogspot.com

and then click on the photo link to "Bahamas Cruise". There's a pic of the Atlantic dining room there.

We just sailed the Victory last month. The food in the dining room was wonderful and we definitely did NOT miss a specialty restaurant. We were in the downstairs, aft dining room (Pacific Lower) and I did not see any tables for two. However, I didn't go upstairs and on previous cruises on similar ships, that is where I have seen tables for two.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise. The Victory is a nice ship.

Thanks so much for all your input. I certianly do not want to sound as if we are anti-social. However, with the past few months being as they have been for our family, we just want to be by ourselves this cruise and try to "chill out"...

Hmm, last fall on Victory we were seated upstairs in the Pacific (aft) dining room which is where you'll probably be seated too since you've got an aft cabin. There were several tables for 2 in the aft half of the second floor as well as many 4 seater booths with only 2 people in them. If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about getting a table by yourself. Even on the cruises we've been on where we were seated at booths for 4, we were always by ourselves anyway. Didn't really like it that way, but that's just how it's always worked out.

Archived