Thomson Celebration Cabin Advice Please

Hi there

I am a first time cruiser (and forum user) going to Norway on 24 August 08 on Thomson Celebration, with my husband and 16 year old daughter. We have booked a Deluxe cabin for 3 which will be either on on deck 6 or 7 (Mariners or Promenade) We're now thinking of pre-booking our cabin. Any advice as to which to go for would be gratefully received.

Thanks!!

We prebooked ours, there are 3 of us going and we were told deck 6 is the only deck with cabins for 3 people, we've got cabin 218, the girl who i prebooked with had been on the ship and helped a lot with cabin choice (of what was left)

We were on Deck 6 last October in 223 which was a fantastic spot as we were near the doors out onto deck...also the launderette....and close to the lifts/stairs. If you can choose as near to midships as you can it doesn't move about as much should you encounter choppy seas!! We sailed from Palma to Sharm el Sheikh and it was a very comfortable ride! We love this ship and hope you do too!!!

Hello Octopub

Not long now for your cruise :D We have been on the Celebration and also loved it. However when we travelled we never took our children. We are due to go over Christmas and ours are 16 and 14.

As you have a 16 year old also, I will look forward to how she found the cruise.

I am a little concerned that there may be few aboard, but being Christmas, it is a family time and I may be wrong?

Yes, like you, I did wonder about whether there would be other teenagers on board, especially as we are doing the Fjordland Wonders cruise. That said, there is plenty of suitable entertainment on the ship and my daughter is quite happy with adult company. I'll certainly let you know on our return! Only 1 week to go!!:)

I know that you will have a great cruise.

I wouldn't go for deck 6 Promenade, unless you want to keep your curtains closed all the time - people are either wandering past, or sat outside your cabin. It's only human nature to peek.

Go for Mariner Deck.

Happy cruisin'

Hi happidaze,

In the ticket bookelt for Celebration it says ' Cabins have 110v AC, flat two-pin American style sockets and 220v AC, round two-pin European style sockets so please bring appropriate adaptors'.

We have always managed with the European adaptor but also take a 4-way extension lead so that we can charge mobile and camera batteries as well as run my hair tongs. I think you will be fine as long as you have the appropriate adaptors.

Archived