~~~HELP! Midship Or Aft Balcony???~~~

Skyev21

Just booked our first cruise, and had the option to book midship or aft. After all the reading I did about the aft cabins, it was no question to me.

My TA got us booked into 4230 on the Legend.

The only way I'll voluntarily move, is if they upgrade us to an aft cabin higher up.

My choice would definitely be the aft (based on all the recommendations on this site) and next year I'll be able to say from experience.

I can't wait!

For us our first cruise was an aft balcony (also upper level the next cabin to the wrap in the Destiny) we loved it, no rocking, no traffic and amazing views, never heard any noise from the lounge one deck below us. It was an outstanding location.

Just booked our first cruise, and had the option to book midship or aft. After all the reading I did about the aft cabins, it was no question to me.

My TA got us booked into 4230 on the Legend.

The only way I'll voluntarily move, is if they upgrade us to an aft cabin higher up.

My choice would definitely be the aft (based on all the recommendations on this site) and next year I'll be able to say from experience.

I can't wait!

Congrats on your first cruise!!!

I did the same as you.

When I was researching for our upcoming cruise, I also needed some advise as to what's better overall. After this thread I changed to the aft. Someone canceled so I was in luck!

I paid the guaranteed rate at booking but when I saw an advertisement online about upgrading 2 cat's to mid-ship I inquired & they gave it to me!

Then a few weeks later I saw that the aft was available so I called & placed it on hold for the day so I can decide.

That's when I posted this thread & got many opinions & pics to see what it looks like.

Every time we cruise I find Cruise Critic to be so helpful in answering any questions u might have or any concerns! This is a cruising 'bible'! lol!:p

I'm fairly new here but it's been such a discovery for me & definitely gets me through the countless days 'til embarkation day! lol!

Let us know all about your first cruise!

Bon Voyage!

For us our first cruise was an aft balcony (also upper level the next cabin to the wrap in the Destiny) we loved it, no rocking, no traffic and amazing views, never heard any noise from the lounge one deck below us. It was an outstanding location.

We're in # 6375. Was that yours too?

I'd love to see any pics or hear any stories u might have?

Thanks!:p

We're in # 6375. Was that yours too?

I'd love to see any pics or hear any stories u might have?

Thanks!:p

Ours was 6348, next one to port wrap, yours is the next one to starboard wrap but I think the layout is the same. I have some pics at home, I promise to post some tomorrow.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Any problems with people looking over the divider or looking down from above? How's the privacy back there? Did u see many people on their balconies? Just a little concerned with the slanted dividers, just in case I'm not dressed! lol!:p

Overall, how was your experience? Would u book it again?

Thanks again!:)

As promised...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Any problems with people looking over the divider or looking down from above? How's the privacy back there? Did u see many people on their balconies? Just a little concerned with the slanted dividers, just in case I'm not dressed! lol!:p

Overall, how was your experience? Would u book it again?

Thanks again!:)

I think is more probable to be seen from the above aft balconies than from the balconies adyacent to yours. I saw people on their balconies when we were leaving the islands, otherwise very few people, at least that's what I remember.

Have you noticed the aft balconies of upper deck are now 8G instead of 8A?

Where'd you see that category change cuz I can't find it.

My reservation & other sites still says 8A. Hmm?

Thanks for the info.:p

Sorry, I saw it for the Valor and thought would be fleetwide but not for the Destiny, upper aft balconies are still 8A

Archived