Success?? Captains Club

old Marine

I received my acceptance into the Captains Club today.. with it came a certificate to save 150 dollars per stateroom..unfortunately it expired Sept. 30,2004..What kind of way is this to run a business??..Celebrity,Celebrity it is the little things that cause problems in peoples mind..rust here,a little inattention ,charging for emenities there.. I will call the Captains club and see if this was an error or what..

George from NC :eek: :eek:

I booked a Category 4 and expect an upgrade to Catgory 3 on Zenith, 1/02/05. But instead I got note from TA telling me that Celebrity had given me a Cat. 4 for a Cat. 5 price. HELLO...the reason I booked the Cat. 4, was that the price was LOWER than the Cat. 5! Isn't a Cat. 3 PREMIUM Outside still considered an OUTSIDE?

On the Zenith, the next level above the cat 4 cabin is a CC cat.. And since Celebrity only does up grades for Captains Club as inside to inside andoutside to outside, stateroom only, they will not upgrade stateroom to CC, just as they won't upgrade to balcony or suite.

I booked a Category 4 and expect an upgrade to Catgory 3 on Zenith, 1/02/05. But instead I got note from TA telling me that Celebrity had given me a Cat. 4 for a Cat. 5 price. HELLO...the reason I booked the Cat. 4, was that the price was LOWER than the Cat. 5! Isn't a Cat. 3 PREMIUM Outside still considered an OUTSIDE?
There are no Category 3 cabins on Zenith anymore. As of April 2004 they were all converted to Concierge Class cabins.

We have been a member of the Captains club since 1992 and when we book a regular ocean view, we do not get an upgrade to the next category. The way it works is that you pick the cabin you want and Celebrity charges you one category lower's price. This is for inside to inside or ocean view to ocean view. You cannot pick the lowest ocean view and get it for the highest inside price.

After they changed to Concierge Class, the upgrades are only valid for Cats 11-4. That means you cannot move above a cat 4 cabin.

I checked Celebrity's website. It seems the Zenith has the Cat 4 lower priced than the cat 5 staterooms for your cruise. Maybe the Cat 4's aren't selling so the price is lower. You might want to check into getting a cat 5 for the cat 6 price or see if your TA can get you the next lowest price for your cabin.

Success?? Captains Club

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I received my acceptance into the Captains Club today.. with it came a certificate to save 150 dollars per stateroom..unfortunately it expired Sept. 30,2004..What kind of way is this to run a business??..Celebrity,Celebrity it is the little things that cause problems in peoples mind..rust here,a little inattention ,charging for emenities there.. I will call the Captains club and see if this was an error or what.."

I called Celebrity and stated my concerns..They 'explained" that what I received was "promotional" material from secondary souce. I would be receiving my Official Captains Club Kit in a couple of weeks..with membership card and all..possibly with updated offers..(I hold the line responsible for what their helpers do)

George from NC

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived