Cancelled 2 days out - any insurance experience?

DFW4

We just made the difficult decision to cancel our Enchantment cruise scheduled for 8/14 due to health reasons. Does anyone have experience with RCCL's Cruise Care when cancelling? How long will it take to get the claim forms and what all will I need my wife's doctor to document? How soon before they actually will process the refund?

Yes, we're bummed - but no sense cruising when my wife's not well.

We just made the difficult decision to cancel our Enchantment cruise scheduled for 8/14 due to health reasons. Does anyone have experience with RCCL's Cruise Care when cancelling? How long will it take to get the claim forms and what all will I need my wife's doctor to document? How soon before they actually will process the refund?

Yes, we're bummed - but no sense cruising when my wife's not well.

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. I do hope your wife will be better quickly. Nothing is more important than her health, and there will always be other cruises.

Take care and try to let us know how she is doing.

A~

when my husband had a heart attach two days before our cruise it was no problem. Call RCI, call the insurance co, to get papers they will send out right away. The doctor has to complete stating she couldn't travel, make copies send back and you get the check 7-10 days. If you know the number for insurance company call them first to see what you need to do and in which order. Hope your wife will be ok.

I agree with the previous poster. Insurance co. will send you the forms, and they processed the payment rather quickly. I cancelled one day before sailing - broke my foot. The insurance company handled everything very efficiently.

Cathy

Ironically, we had to cancel the exact same cruise due to medical reasons. My husband and my grandmother. My grandmother was in the hospital with a heart problems (no previous history) and my husband required emergency oral surgery on Friday, so needless to say we did not board the 8/14 cruise as well. So far Berkley has been good to work with and I just got the claim forms in my inbox today, so we shall see how good they are to work with. ;)

Best of luck to you and I hope your wife is doing better.

Like my husband said, we can go on a cruise anytime.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be calling everyone this morning.

We dealt with Berkely Care for a claim on medical and they were wonderful to work with, no problems and everything was settled quickly.

I hope everything works out as well for you and hope your wife is feeling better.

Please keep us posted. :)

Archived