What are you eating?

Odoyal Rulez

I generally eat the same thing every day, except for the last meal. Drink 1-1.5gallons of water daily and aim for 40/40/20. Normally my meals break down like this:

Meal 1: Egg whites/Egg Beaters, oatmeal

Meal 2/Snack: Protein shake

Meal 3: 1 slice wheat bread, 4oz lean meat, 1 slice 2% fat free cheese, flax oil. Sometimes some fiberous veg.

Meal 4: Protein shake, handfull of nuts

Snack: apple (pre workout only)

PWO: Protein shake w/ dextrose

Meal 5: 6-8oz lean meat, brown rice, fresh snapped green beans

I've been really good about hitting my macros and working out on time. I've lost 30lbs since I started eating clean 13 weeks ago ;)

Out for breakfast. 2 eggs (scrambled) Andoui (sp?) sausage with green peppers, onion, baby reds. (I ate 1/2 of that & will eat the other 1/2 tomorrow.)

2 kisses

1 slice banana bread (made with whole wheat flour, flax meal) smart balance.

2 slice left over pizza

popcorn

small slice chocolate cake

kelly

snack last night 4 kisses.

1/2 of a muffin with my coffee. It was kind of dry so I thought why waste the calories.

pbj on flax & fiber bread (2 slices)

1/2 C. yogurt with 1/2 C fiber one honey clusters

3 kisses

dinner is in the oven. Pork pie (kind of like chicken pot pie but with cabbage, potato, onion, carrot, leftover pork a crust overtop) Will probably have a Smithwick's with it.

Smithwicks is an Irish beer made by Guiness. I don't think it tastes as dark as Guiness.

kelly

I love reading what you post about your menus, Kelly. I think we must have been cut from the same cloth! I bought my son the Smithwicks (Smiddicks) for his birthday and will have one Guiness a year due to my Irish heritage.;) But PORK PIE! My husband grew up on that and I was just thinking of making it for him soon. His mom made it with half pork, half beef, onion, and seasonings. I have to try her recipe. She called them 'tortierres' or something like that. It ends up sounding like "turkey ears."

I may have to jump on the bandwagon and post my daily menus one of these days. Yours are making me hungry, though. You like good food and flavors that I can tell. Is the weight coming off steadily for you? Even with the beer?

Salsa, I am not losing. I am now maintaining. It almost seems crazy that I eat this much. But aside from those days when I eat 4 slices of pizza I do watch the portion sizes. That was the hardest part. Gathina said on another thread to cut everything in half. When your eating 2 large portions of pasta, meatballs, salad, bread it was more than cutting in half! But half was a good place to start. I needed to learn what a normal portion was, not just keep eating because it tasted good. I like to use penne or another shape verses spaghetti/fettucini because it is easier to measure.

Plus at 48 (will be 49 in dec.) This summer I was walking and thought I think I will run. I ran to a mailbox I could see. It was not far! But 3 days a week I kept at it and kept going alittle further each week. I can now go 3 mi doing a run/walk combination. Never thought I'd be doing that! The other 2 days I walk 2.5mi. Also started some weights to build up my arms.

OK, this was probably more info than anyone needed.

Today I ate

leftovers from yesterdays breakfast, 1 slice banana bread (I think this is ok bread because it only has whole wheat flour no white flour) made from scratch so no preservatives.

2 slices left over pizza

1 slice banana bread 2 cups green tea

leftover pork pie, 1 beer

A day of leftovers, tomorrow I will have to cook!

kelly

oj, oatmeal, blueberries

salad with a few strips of leftover steak for some protein

apple

3 kisses

fried cabbage & noodles, potatoe sausage. This meal has to be one of the unhealthiest things! I haven't made it in at least a year. I think we should wait another year before we have it again! Well after the leftovers are gone. DD is coming home tomorrow, maybe she will help out and eat some. I did use smart balance instead of butter to make it alittle better. But I'm afraid it won't help it enough!

kelly

I ate Chick Fil-A yesterday and my stomach did not like it at all. I haven't eaten fried food in months and know I why. I've lost approx 10lbs over the last 3 months and I'm 4 lbs away from my goal of 140. So I decided to see what effect fried food would have on me and my stomach said NO!

Glad I did it and now I can stay on track! ;)

Debbie

I can relate to the stomach saying NO!! Funny how that was so normal before. It does help to not to want to eat it again!

Today was

2 molasses cookies with coffee (I am glad they are gone now)

frittata (fingerling potatoes, bacon, mushrooms, leeks)

apple/ 2TBL peanut butter

potatoe sausage, fried cabbage noodles

3 kisses

Will probably snack on something later but I have no idea what.

Yesterday was the 2nd birthday of "birthday week"; the 3rd and final one is tomorrow.

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ yogurt, a little honey, and chia seeds; hard-boiled egg, cranberry juice

Lunch: 5-lettuce blend salad w/ spinach, tomato, shredded cheddar cheese, chia seeds, black beans

Snack (??): licked the remains of cake icing from knife and icing container after making my son's bd cake (I made him a red velvet cake with pre-made cream cheese icing)

Dinner: ate at Dave and Busters, had southwestern salad with honey-chipolte glazed salmon. The tortilla strips and dressing weren't really part of my diet, but, oh, they were good!

Dessert: one slice of birthday cake (and I could have easily eaten a second!)

leftover fritatta

apple

barilla plus spaghetti stir fried with leek, carrot, red, yellow, orange peppers. Sauce was sesame oil, teriyaki, chili paste

3 kisses

I started out eating an open bag of ruffles with dip (the dip was not so bad since it was a ranch packet mixed with yogurt) I should have eaten some vegetables instead of chips, right? I ate quite a few and started thinking why am I eating these? So that they don't go to waste. Well I remembered my husband saying that it goes to waste in my body if it's not something I need. Plus I was not really enjoying them, just eating them because they were there. So I threw them into the garbage.

Dinner time no one else was home today so I ate one piece of bacon that I was making for an egg bake for tomorrow.

Now I just finished some popcorn and a beer.

kelly

My meal plan for today...

b - 2 eggs, pink beans w/ garlic and 2 slices of turkey bacon

s - TBS of all natural peanut butter

l - a turkey and swiss salad with 2 slices of turkey bacon and pink beans with garlic on top of it (ha!). it also had cucumber, 2 eggs and tomatoes.

s - TBS of all natural peanut butter

d - half of a large grilled tilapia fillet and a romaine and tomato salad

s - n/a

B-1/2 banana, PB2, activia vanilla yogurt, special K protein cereal mixed with vanilla special K

L-Meatloaf recipe from the Biggest Loser cookbook, 1/2 cup roasted red potatoes, corn and lima beans

S-quaker granola bar

S-1 oz Cabot light jalapeno cheese

D-diet freezer meal and a big salad with romaine, green peppers, pepperocini, 3 TBS light dressing

S-shared some of a popcorn bar with my kids, my MIL brought them back from her recent trip to Salem MA

fritatta

pbj

4 kisses

meatloaf, mashed potato, broccoli

For desert/snack later I am making a small apple crisp. I bought some apples that don't have the greatest flavor for eating. But since I only have a couple I thought a small crisp would be a good use of them. I made a crumble topping with flour (part white whole wheat) brown sugar, smart balance, flax seed meal & oatmeal. I am also going to add some pecans.

kelly

The other half of the apple crisp from last night, I put some vanilla yogurt on it. It was good last night and delicious this morning with coffee.

lunch was stir fry spaghetti, carrot, red, yellow, orange peppers, zucchini, broccoli, leek yes again! I made enough spaghetti so I could eat it a few times this week. DH has been gone so I wanted easy with lots of vegies this week.

dinner was a salad with ranch dressing. The dressing was really plain yogurt with a packet of ranch. I made it to bring with vegies to small group the other day and still had some leftover.

It is so nice out I am thinking about going outside and enjoying the sun with a glass of wine. Later on I am going to have popcorn.

kelly

Reading This Thread Makes Me Hungry

That is why exercise is so important. I like to eat! The other thing to remember is portion size. I said on another thread that 1c dry is the usual serving for pasta. I use to eat at least 2 and probably 3.

But for you Odoyal, we all realize you are eating to not just lose weight but to gain muscle. So your eating is different from ours.

Happy first day of fall!

kelly

Wow, great thinking on the chips! I do that alot. I say "I have the rest of my life to eat this stuff, I don't need it today", "Do I NEED to have 100 chips when the serving size is 25" etc. It DOES make a difference. A big part of overeating isn't willpower, I believe it's all about impulse control.

leftover fritatta

apple

barilla plus spaghetti stir fried with leek, carrot, red, yellow, orange peppers. Sauce was sesame oil, teriyaki, chili paste

3 kisses

I started out eating an open bag of ruffles with dip (the dip was not so bad since it was a ranch packet mixed with yogurt) I should have eaten some vegetables instead of chips, right? I ate quite a few and started thinking why am I eating these? So that they don't go to waste. Well I remembered my husband saying that it goes to waste in my body if it's not something I need. Plus I was not really enjoying them, just eating them because they were there. So I threw them into the garbage.

Dinner time no one else was home today so I ate one piece of bacon that I was making for an egg bake for tomorrow.

Now I just finished some popcorn and a beer.

kelly

Archived