I'm sure this was inadvertent, but...

kirchubel

I've booked a surprise cruise for my husband which will take place in march. Last night, Carnival called us with a "special" offer and my husband answered the phone. :eek: I wasn't happy about that because my husband knew that we were going somewhere and I'm afraid that now he may think we are going on a cruise! I have asked Carnival not to contact us in the past and so far they have been good about it...but I really hope I don't have to deal with this again. I have called to remind them this morning; never got hold of a person, so had to leave a message.

It's almost impossible. The Carnival folks who do this kind of "cold calling" don't usually have access to your information. They may have your name, date of travel and ship but that's pretty much it.

Hopefully, you are a good talker and was able to make a good story for hubby......good luck.

I've booked a surprise cruise for my husband which will take place in march. Last night, Carnival called us with a "special" offer and my husband answered the phone. :eek: I wasn't happy about that because my husband knew that we were going somewhere and I'm afraid that now he may think we are going on a cruise! I have asked Carnival not to contact us in the past and so far they have been good about it...but I really hope I don't have to deal with this again. I have called to remind them this morning; never got hold of a person, so had to leave a message.

To prevent this, just go into your profile and change the phone number to your cell....Unless hubby also answers your cell it:D

in the past if i ve logged on to the CCL site..they ll give me call a few day s later or send me an email asking if they could help with my cruise plan s..

with NCL..they do the same thing..

and i don t mind one bit..always nice to have someone to chit-chat with

concerning any future discount s on destinations and sailings..

this happened to me when I booked our honeymoon on princess. The TA from princess actually called and left a message on my machine after I specifically asked them not to contact me by phone. Needless to say I flew off the handle..lol

this happened to me when I booked our honeymoon on princess. The TA from princess actually called and left a message on my machine after I specifically asked them not to contact me by phone. Needless to say I flew off the handle..lol

Was your honeymoon a secret:confused:

I hope it doesn't spoil your surprise. Blame it on cold-calling.

In my entire cruise history I've never received a call from any cruiseline, except once. Earlier this year I got a call (and a follow-up email) from NCL, indicating that the NCL Jade...on which we were booked for a 10-day southern caribbean out of NY...was cancelled because they were keeping the ship in Europe. That was it.

But with any luck your situation will work out. Good luck.

Was your honeymoon a secret:confused:

Basically. We had really decided not to do anything big, but of course I wanted something big..lol.

So I booked us a 10 day cruise to aruba, grenada, dominica, st.thomas, princess cays and bonaire.

So yes that part was a huge secret!!

Basically. We had really decided not to do anything big, but of course I wanted something big..lol.

So I booked us a 10 day cruise to aruba, grenada, dominica, st.thomas, princess cays and bonaire.

So yes that part was a huge secret!!

Nice! Sounds like you will be sailing on the Emerald. I'm jealous.:o I will be looking for your review on the Princess boards. Looks like a great ship.:)

BTW, congratulations!

Nice! Sounds like you will be sailing on the Emerald. I'm jealous.:o I will be looking for your review on the Princess boards. Looks like a great ship.:)

BTW, congratulations!

Thank you! Yea WE (as he knows now..lol.) are so excited. And to be honest I am glad he found out because now we can get excited together!!

I will definitely post a review as I have never sailed princess before. I am 23 he is 33 and so we arent quite sure what to expect...but thrilled to go!

Thanks again!

chelsea

• 2 weeks later...

And they were very nice, quite apologetic. I understand these things happen and that cold calling is a way for them to get people signed up for tours. My husband may have a clue about the cruise now...but Oh Well! He is playing dumb if he does, and I appreciate that. Our great friends are coming from England to cruise with us, so that is something that he DEFINITELY won't expect. We are also driving down to Tampa/flying back (so our friends can have the car to drive after the cruise). So in any case, he will think that we're going on a driving tour when we head out --- I hope! My husband has done some fantastic surprises for me & this is my first real big one for him, so I'm hoping that he doesn't find out. :)

And they were very nice, quite apologetic. I understand these things happen and that cold calling is a way for them to get people signed up for tours. My husband may have a clue about the cruise now...but Oh Well! He is playing dumb if he does, and I appreciate that. Our great friends are coming from England to cruise with us, so that is something that he DEFINITELY won't expect. We are also driving down to Tampa/flying back (so our friends can have the car to drive after the cruise). So in any case, he will think that we're going on a driving tour when we head out --- I hope! My husband has done some fantastic surprises for me & this is my first real big one for him, so I'm hoping that he doesn't find out. :)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. You might want to throw him off of thinking about the cruise by "accidently" leaving out some travel information about a road trip, Disney,or a resort near where you are sailing from. Throw him off the scent of a cruise and he won't know what you have planned.

Archived