Camp Carnival on Port Days

Batch007

I was wondering, can you leave the kids in the camp and go to port without them? I can't actually see us doing that, but if we wanted to do a quick walk/shop in one port, I just wonder if we are allowed to leave the kids on the ship when we get off.

Thanks

As long as there is no potty training issue, you are absolutely allowed to leave them in Camp Carnival and leave the ship. If your child is not yet potty trained, someone else will have a more specific answer - but you may have to remain on the ship to change diapers - I'm not sure.

Best,

Mia

Thanks Mia - all good to know.

Well my 6yr is potty trained (thank GOD!) and my 3yr old starts school in a couple weeks and HAS to be trained by then (she is well on her way, just the occasional miss - LOL), so not an issue. FYI - From my reading on the Carnival site, Carnival has no issues with kids in Diapers - they take them and will change them as long as you provide the diapers and wipes....

We have been on four cruises with our kids, and for the most part we take them in port with us.

Last year, our then 8 yr old wanted to stay on the ship in San Juan. We let him go to Camp Carnival, and he was psyched because he got to play playstation - ahhhhhh priorities....

Our daughter was 2 last year, and yes, we gave them a small diaper bag daily with diapers and wipes - not an issue.

In the Camp Carnival Capers, it asks that if you are on board, you pick up your kids for lunch. But if you are in port, they will take your kids to lunch.

Catrin

Archived