Well I've done it!!

Hi Mary,on your name for messenger,what is the ending bit of it,@?if not sure what I on about,ask your kids :D I will add you once I get the rest of your name.

Thanks for putting me in picture about lifejacket drill Dr Dave & Kruzseeka,I wonder if Mary will put her badge on her life jacket;)

Im dying to know which cabin I will be in,its either deck 2/3,once i get confirmation,will look on the ships plans and see where I will be,just hoping its a quiet spot,not too near anything too noisy,saying that,will all the walking and cocktails afterwards,I will probable be fast alseep,too tired and merry to even notice;)

Welcome Dr Dave ~ I take it your really enjoyed your first cruise then? Will you be doing more?

Yes, we did, immensely. We'll certainally be back again, probably a couple of years time. Some great memories. I'll find some of our on-board pictures later and post them up.

Oh before i forget,regarding paying cash upfront when we first board the ship,I read that you have to put a minimum of £200 down,is that per couple or each? Partner was debating wether to use his card or if we could just give them sterling to pay for excursions etc then top up if we find that we are getting a bit low as we see the receipts.

Just noticed in the ticket booklet that it says ' If you wish to pay using cash, a £200 per person, per week deposit is required so please ensure you have sufficient funds available on arrival'. I think that answers your question. Obviously they will refund what you haven't spent at the end of the cruise, but at least now you know how much cash you would have to take with you.

Thanks Kruzseeka for that info,another queiry for you,would they accept a pre paid master card?partner has one that you put money onto it,bit like a debit card and what ever we take off it is just the money that we have put onto it.Its a credit card but a pre paid one,would there be any problem using it,dont want to put an amount on it to pay for excursions etc and then find at end of week theres a problem and we are left with money on card but ship wont accept it,thats why I asked about paying cash up front,both myself and partner are not really keen on credit cards,Ive never owed one and dont want one just for sake of going on the cruise.

Sorry don't know the answer to that one. Perhaps you could check with Thomson before you sail. They might want a minimum amount on a pre-paid card similar to the amount of cash they require. I admire you for being cautious re credit cards though, it's so easy to keep charging things to it and then have a shock at the end.

Hi zetarose, just found a reference on a review from the beginning of 2007 saying room service for continental breakfast was £4.50. It might have gone up a bit now but I wouldn't think it would be much different from this. Enjoy ;)

Slightly off the subject I know (sorry), but i'm on the same cruise as Zetarose and ScaryMary and I would just like to thank Kruzseeka and the other contributors for their input in this and other threads. I have only recently joined the gang on here and I appriciate the efforts that he (and others) go to, to try and answer the questions. When I originally signed up we had the great smoking debate, which ran it's course, thank goodness, but since then I have found the information given very helpful so a big THANK YOU to you all.

Rosebaskets - that's very kind of you. I'm glad to be of help. When we first started going on cruises, I had so many questions :confused: - but unfortunately hadn't found this site which would have been so useful taking away some of the anxiety of the 'unknown'. Once you've done it though - you can't imagine why you had any concerns - it's all such a great experience!!! :D

On the forum I have found some excellent information on different ports of call which has helped us plan excursions, become aware of pitfalls etc. and this has contributed to our enjoyment - so thanks to everyone whose brains I've picked too! :) :) :)

I think one of the joys of this forum is the really supportive nature of the posters - it reflects the type of people we've met on our Thomson cruises. Long may we all be able to enjoy cruising - and enjoy exchanging views and news with the contacts we make on here. Cheers!

Hi Kruzseeka & Rosebaskets,I totally agree with you Rosebaskets,Kruzseeka has been a valuable mind of information for myself and others,I appreciate her advice and info very much,has put many worries that I had to rest.Would also like to say thankyou to others who have given me advice,its great when someone has been on a cruise and can give input and give an idea of what life aboard is like.Never been on a cruise before,I like to know what happens and what to expect,makes me really look forward to my holiday.

Thanks Kruzseeka for info on room service,good value if price hasnt risen too much,cant see it being much higher to the 2007 price,will let you know if I had room service plus anything else I treated myself to.

Will have check out the pre pay credit card we were going to use,we will be putting enough on to cover any extras we pay for,was just bit worried if they would except that type of card,dont want to be putting cash onto it and not being able to use it.

Archived