Enterprise car rental in Kona

Hipmo

My wife and I will be on the Infinity round trip to Hawaii from San Diego 12-5-04. I made a reservation with Enterprise to rent a car in Kona.

Does anyone know if the Enterprise office is within walking distance of the pier?

The address is 74-5583 Luhia St. Kailua Kona, Hawaii. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I haven't noticed you on the rollcall for the 12/05/04 Infinity cruise. Come over and join us. Enterprise will come and pick us up at the pier. We have a reservation with them as well. Looks like it may be a mile or so away from the pier. Should be a lot easier that rying to get to the airport for a rental car.

Nancy S.

I've mentioned it before that I wouldn't want to walk to the Enterprise office. It is hot downtown usually and up a pretty steep hill. No shade. I hear they have a shuttle according to this board.

We just got through with Ironman Triathlon and I suppose to those people getting to the Enterprise office would be NOTHING...lol!!

Aloha,

Emi

We rented a few weeks ago from Enterprise in Kona. I believe the office was open from 8 to 5. They run a shuttle to the pier, and that is much faster than walking. We were upgraded to a minivan when our compact was not cleaned yet, for a very reasonable price. The Enterprise location is much closer than the alternatives at the airport.

Orderby

We rented from Enterprise a couple weeks ago in Kailua-Kona too. It's definitely not close enough to walk. You would waste a lot of precious time. What I found was that the "shuttle" that I walked up to was for a particular renter. I had to call the office to ask about a shuttle for myself. Then when the van came to get me, he was coming to pick up certain drivers. The rest of my family had to wait at the port for me. I don't know if this is typical, but you might want to call ahead so when you get off the tender boat, they have a shuttle waiting for you -- because it is only a van.

Kona is always the one port that is inconsistent as far as shuttles. Potential renters need to call the office at the airport (not the call center) to get specifics on how to get its shuttle, if there is one. Get exact times.

Even then, last time, a group of us were awaiting the last shuttle and we kept getting told "it's coming...". We had to finally insist that it WASN'T coming and we were going to miss the last tender. It was a tense ride back for me.

Sammy

Thats a great idea, I'll call before I get off the ship.

Thanks Kimmiejo,

GW

Give yourself time to drop the vehicle off and get the shuttle return to the pier. Once they have your money and your done renting, they aren't in too big of a hurry to get you back. :rolleyes:

Kim

Archived