New Orleans hotel/park/cruise deal?

VegasMark

Hello - I put the following post in the Gulf Coast Departures board, but this one seems to have more traffic. I apologize if this subject has been discussed recently, but I was unable to find too much. Thanks!

Hi all - I did a search in this forum on this subject and the most informative thread went back to 2006. I had hoped this subject had been discussed more recently (and I'm sure it has), but it didn't show up on the search. The Maison St. Charles Hotel was mentioned before as the only hotel offering such a package - is this still true?

Thanks a lot!

Just booked the Holiday inn on Royal Street last night with a park/cruise package. I think it was $20 above the base room rate and included seven days parking beggining the day after checkout. The details are on the website for the hotel under packages. Really good deal IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

We stayed there before our cruise in September and the staff was WONDERFUL!!!! The only complaint I have is that there are no room safes as this is an oder hotel....otherwise.....PERFECT location and GREAT rooms!!!! Can't say enough about the staff...especially the Bellman...he was the MOST HELPFUL person I think I've ever met, and always smiling, too!!! Parking was GREAT, as well as convenient to the port for our cruise! Some of our group even rode the trolley after they had breakfast at Cafe Du Monde......a PERFECT trip!!!:D

We did the Courtyard Convention Center for only $90 including tax for our stay + parking. We thought that was a great deal. Hotel was nice (no free breakfast, but it has a fridge in the room). A bit of a walk to the FQ, but doable. And really close walking distance to the port. Whole family of 5 walked it with luggage no problem. You can cut through the mall to avoid traffic.

We're paying around $109.00 for the Drury Inn in December. We booked the cruise package which will allow us to park our car for the week that we're on our cruise for an extra $35.00. I've read a lot about the Drury Inn on these boards and it sounds like they offer a lot of "little extras" such as happy hour and free hot breakfast.

I also contacted the Hampton Inn at the convention centre for comparison, as they offer a cruise special as well. A room there would have been $10.00 cheaper and they also include breakfast and have a complimentary shuttle to the cruiseport. However, parking there was $27.95 for the first night and $10.00 per night for the remainder of the week. The Drury Inn ended up being a better deal for us.

• 10 months later...

Anyone have a good recommendation we did this leaving Jacksonville, Fl. to the Bahamas, stayed at a Best Western night before cruise, free contentional breakfast, shuttle service to & from cruise port & parked the car at the Motel entire length of the cruise, this was great. Any recommendation for New Orleans for this type deal?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello - I am the OP for this thread, and I ended up staying at the Drury Inn. Pretty good location - if you are fairly able-bodied, you can walk to the French Quarter and even to the cruise port (took us about 20 mins, I think). The room rate included the nightly manager's reception, breakfast, and parking for the week we were gone. You will of course want to check to make sure that deal is still valid. All in all, it was a great deal for around $100. Have fun!

Archived