Beach at Tulum

gebo

The beach at Tulum is absolutely beautiful. You can take fantastic pictures from up above it. There are wooden steps leading down to it. You have to enter through the ruins to get back there. Check out the Tulum slideshow in my signature for some pictures of the beach. When we were there, people mostly waded in the edge. I have seen people swimming there in pictures others have posted. There are no restrooms for changing inside the ruins.

There is a small beach at the bottom of the stairs, below the ruins. It is a very nice beach, nice waves, usually pretty crowded with those wanting to cool off. There is a fantastic beach if you walk south along the access road about 1/2 mile then down to the beach. Look back up the cliff for a great picture of the ruins from below. From here you can walk for miles and miles, over 20 if I remember correctly, along the most gorgeous beach I have been on. There are several little beach bars along the way, some rent beach beds and chairs. Walk/drink as far as you want, then you can get a cab at a restaurant to take you back to town or the ruins. It is a great day.

• 2 weeks later...

The beach at Tulum is beautiful. When we were there, there were many people who had worn their bathing suits beneath their clothes. After viewing Tulum, they walked down the steps to the beach and went swimming. You can't take a bad picture here......it is that beautiful!!!!:)

• 1 month later...
There is a small beach at the bottom of the stairs, below the ruins. It is a very nice beach,

Were there last week and they had closed off the staircase leading down to the beach. There's another access (top of hill, trail leads off to the right) that you can get to the beach. Not sure if the stairs were just temporarily closed or not. A bummer as we wanted to 'dip our toes in the beautiful sea, but didn't want to take too much time away from leisurely touring the site.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to Tulum in 07 and it is AMAZING!! While we were there they were building the staircase where ppl can go down to the beach but there was an area where we could walk down to the beach to take pictures and swim. I wore my swimsuit underneath and we spent the day there. The view is breathtaking and it is beautiful. You won't regret going there!!

Archived