NewThomson ship?

There was a lot of talk on our recent cruise on the Spirit about the new additions to the Thomson Fleet. One bar waiter told us that Thomson are chartering 2 new ships from Royal Carribean International- one with 2,400 passengers and one with 3,000! Wonder if they have balconies, I have always wanted a balcony on Thomson- anyone heard anything similar?

Is there any word regarding the other ships in the Thomson fleet? Are they actually expanding their capacity or do you think they may get rid of some of their current ships in addition to the Emerald which we know is going this year? It seems as though the 2009 season will function with just four - will 2010 have 6? Has anyone hears any rumours or picked up info from on board?

Hmm...seems the rumours are rife then about new additions to the fleet! I just hope they have balconies! Would love to have a balcony on a Thomson ship- well not the ridiculously expensive balcony suites on the Destiny, but just an ordinary balcony, but then again, maybe Thomson will make balcony cabins expensive as is the case with other cruiselines and...I wonder if they do get a large ship, will they call cabins 'staterooms' as they do on other cruiselines? lol!

Archived