Golden - St Lucia Shore Excursion Question

ruetundra

Does anyone have the current times for the following shore excursions. The shore excursions are not yet available on the Princess website for my sailing date.

And if anyone has taken these excursions what did you think?

1) Coastal Cruise to the Pitons

2) Scenes of St Lucia

3) 4WD Safaria

Thanks!!!

Hello ruetundra,

I took the coastal cruise to the Pitons in December 2002 from the Dawn. We embarked the catamaran from a dock very close to the pier, the cat was a good size - it wasn't a sporty cat but made for leisurely sailing. It's definately a low impact excursion; there is plenty of room onboard and lots of place to sit. It was covered so you could choose a sunny or shady spot. It had a full bar and a wonderful, friendly crew. There was also a nice bathroom onboard.

We sailed 2 hours up the coast and had wonderful views of the Pitons and Soufiere. On the way back we sailed near the diving wall at Anse Chastnet and into Marigot Bay (one of the loveliest bays I've ever seen) then we stopped at a small beach called Anse La Raye where the cat anchors for anyone wishing to disembark and enjoy the water. I found this stop to be most uncomfortable; when we approached the beach, children appeared out of nowhere and began trying to sell everything from shells to jewelry. I stayed on the cat at this point - I wasn't crazy about the looks of this beach - and the children were even climbing up onto the cat trying to sell this stuff. The staff did a pretty good job of getting them to leave, but it did make me uncomfortable. That said I really enjoyed the sailing part of this excursion and the cat and the crew were top notch. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Sharon

Since my husband dives and I love to snorkel, we signed up for an excursion that was for both that went to Anse Chastenet - right by the Pitons. There were 2 excursions offered, but we chose the all day one, w/lunch at that lovely resort. Snorkeling was pretty decent and my husband did 2 dives. The dive co. that operated it is the most well known on St. Lucia. It has a location on the beach at Anse Chastenet. We tried to book on our own in advance, but RCCL had that co. all booked up. Fortunately, we were on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas, and went through them in the end. I would HIGHLY recommend an all day trip there. Even if you just do the very short one for a couple of hrs., the scenery is spectacular and you won't regret it. When you get back to port, there is a very nice shopping area right there where you can get souveniers, etc. (We just got back from a cruise in French Polynesia a few wks. ago. St. Lucia looks more like FP than any island we've seen in the caribbean.) Have a great time!

Archived